A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Pleasantly surprised with post-sale customer service @ dealer (long)...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-1999, 08:33 AM
Big Al

Default Pleasantly surprised with post-sale customer service @ dealer (long)...

Took delivery of a 2.8 a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't expecting much in terms of customer service because of the adversarial relationship formed while doing "the grind" (aka negotiation of price) with the dealer (McKenna - SoCal).<p>So after taking the car home and perusing the owners manual and realizing a few items (valet key, cargo net, etc.) that were supposed to come with the car but didn't, I expected them to hem and haw (sp?) and not be so forthcoming with the items because of "the grind".<p>But that wasn't case in this situation. They had actually called me within the next few days to ask how the service was and if there was any problems. And when I told them about the missing items they first agreed that the car should have come with them and that they would order them (i.e. the valet key).<p>So a week later, I get a call from customer service letting me know that all the items are in and they can mail it or I can pick them up. I opt to pick them up because I had to take a look at the TT up close and personal for the 5th time (but that's another story altogether). <p>Anyway, when I get to the dealership, I get the stuff from the customer service rep and one of the co-owners (I didn't know this at the time) of the dealership comes up to me, introduces himself, asks me what car I purchased, then goes over to one of his lackeyes and tells him to get me a sweet Porsche/Audi golf shirt.<p>I know this is really no big deal because the car was supposed to have those items, but the way the dealership treated me post-sale really changed my perceptions about dealerships in general. I've read in the archives that this dealership was lacking in terms of customer service, but that wasn't the case in my experience.<p>To make a long story even longer, a couple of parting shots: 1) I am driving in the most beautifully designed and well engineered car of our time (to date). 2) If I can get my wife on board, the TT Roadster, when it comes out, will share the driveway with our A4. , 3) Just wanted to give a shout out to all the peeps out there who's posts I have thoroughly enjoyed reading for their informative, educational, and entertainment (you know which threads I'm talking about, but I won't say it due to its racial nature) content. 4) There was a post a couple days back re: being addicted this board. Guilty as charged.. (my wife likes to make a point of pointing out to everyone how fanatical I am about the car that I go onto a4.org everyday to read messages, etc.) and 5) Not only do I have a sweet car, but now I have a sweet shirt to wear on my weekend drives. WOOHOO!<p>Al <br>99.5 2.8 Tip/Sport<p>PS I realize that this is a long post, and I apologize for its size, but since this is my first one, I had a lot to get out.. 8)