A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Please help :Compiling a list of suspension spring stiffness (recommended load) based on model...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2000, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help :Compiling a list of suspension spring stiffness (recommended load) based on model...

I and others on this forum have found that there are sveral (at least 10 different spring stiffnesses). These different stiffnesses or recommended loads are designated by the color code found on the springs.
Here is the catch - Audi dealers (I've called several) can't tell you what stiffness (or color code) comes on which model, year , etc.
SO PLEASE (sorry for yelling), please help me compile a list.
Please post here the color code on your front and rear springs along with your model year, 1.8T/2.8, sedan/Avant, quattro/FWD, manual/tip, sport/stock suspension.

When I have several I will post the data along with the loads.

This project was inspired by my desire to upgrade my suspension and posts that the 99.5 sport suspension was better/stiffer than the '00.
Thanks for your help.