A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

poop is gonna hit the fan on this one...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default poop is gonna hit the fan on this one...

<ul><li><a href="http://www.goapr.com/Audi/revo/index.html">http://www.goapr.com/Audi/revo/index.html</a></li></ul>
Old 05-14-2003, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

repost
Old 05-14-2003, 08:22 PM

I think APR is trying to rip those dudes off.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I don't see why this needs to be "front page" on the APR website. It does not concern the consumer.

If the courts find that the software was "stolen" and stop production, then we will no longer see REVO around. End of story.

If the opposite occurs, and REVO is able to market their product then the consumer will determine who makes the better mouse trap.

Personally I have owned APR software in the past and was pleased. I am however also intrigued by some of the features available by REVO that are truly unique and would love to see them in person one day.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:28 PM
Elder Member

Default it's public domain info, and they feel it's good for the public to read

and make up their own minds. Read all the documents, it's about more than software...the bigger picture involves proprietary tools developed AT APR that were used to get Revo going. APR stipulates that Frank took his laptop and refused to give back the files and tools on them, which are APR's property as he was an employee and it was developed while he was an employee there.

Non-disclosure agreements were signed at time of employment and are far-reaching.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:35 PM

Default its a one-sided story.....

and a pre empitive (sp) strike by ARP on Revo

why show the public your dirty laundry
Old 05-14-2003, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The courts will decide these matters having heard both sides.

I did read most of the material and found it quite amusing. I will not elaborate further as to avoid potential upset of anyone here on the forum.

I realize this is more than just about software, but at the end of the day it is all about money and the dollars will be made/lost in the sale of software to APR customers/prospects, so that is why I just narrowed it down to software.

Finally, I still think that the way this information is being marketed on their site is childish. It should be viewed as a link to someone that is interested to read it and not plastered on the front page (At least in the AUDI section). But at the end of the day it is their company, and their decision. I wish them all the best.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:49 PM
Elder Member

Default if that were the case you wouldn't hear about any corporate lawsuits until after the case is settled

APR's claim is they stand to lose the lifeblood of their business, ECU program sales, due to the unlawful actions of former and current employees. A company has to protect itself or risk going out of business.

Since cases like this aren't covered in the media like other corporate lawsuits you see on the news it's APR's right to inform the public that they've been damaged by another company. It's ugly but it's business.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:04 PM

Default After reading the public records I fully am on APR side. Although I havn't heard revo's side

It just all makes sense what they did. how the guy left and made all the similar programs APR had and how it took apr over 3 years and revo under 6 months and how he admitted to takin records on his labtop after leaving. That is my personal thoughts. I would like to know more about it. So if anyone wants to inform me of the other side of the story that would be great
Old 05-14-2003, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default lol read this!!!

page 5 paragraph 1 &amp; 2 if thats not a personal attack I don't know what is

Forget OJ, forget Scott Peterson this is the trial of the century, I can see it now... suprise witnesses Garrett Lim and Gary from Ronal<ul><li><a href="http://www.goapr.com/images/Revo/UK/Edit5%20-%20UK%20Court%20-%20Brett%20Witness%20Statement.pdf">http://www.goapr.com/images/Revo/UK/Edit5%20-%20UK%20Court%20-%20Brett%20Witness%20Statement.pdf</a</li></ul>

Quick Reply: poop is gonna hit the fan on this one...