A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

The Pray nightmare continues (very long )

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-1999, 09:06 AM
Peter Brennan

Default The Pray nightmare continues (very long )

I thought I'd give everyone a taste of the wonderful(NOT) service provided by Pray Audi in Greenwich, Connecticut. For those of you familiar with my problems, please be patient, otherwise, here it goes:

Roof painted week of June 28th- result sent back to repaint.
Rec'vd July 3 paint OK, however roof liner damaged and in need of replacement. Transmission also needs replacement. Electrical system also totally freaky no interior lights hazards for only half the car and copletely dirty all over-grease marks all over interior of car. Sunroof also rattling. Rear bumper also scratched.

August 6 -go to pick up car only to find that the Pray courtesy detail entails wax and Armor All job on everything in the interior-including my mats. Refuse to accept car until it is put back to normal. Rear bumber looks worse now. Paint around sunroof needs to be finished-still has tape marks where they taped it off. new transmission and roof liner installed. Weather stripping is horrendous-on national back-order-so I guess it'll have to do for now...

August 13 - get the call, car is ready. Inspect car-everything looks good so I go home. En route I notice the ashtray will not open and the cigarette lighter doesn't work. Sunday at the group meeting, Mark sees overspray on the rear bumper. All this plus my B pillar still squeaks-they lowered the air pressure in my tires to 29.5 psi all around so I wouldn't immediately notice. This has been a problem since day 1. Sunroof still not cleaned up-tape marks remain.

August 16 - Bring car to Pray to try to reslove the remianing issues and while I'm there the parking jockey bumps my car into another and bingo-more body work(all this while I watch, I wonder what they do when you're not looking?). Well, I'm really happy now (NOT) so, owing to the fact that I speak fluent spanish-he's from Columbia- he gets it big time. He denies it and just walks away laughing at me(I'm curious to see how much longer he has a job there). Paint around sunroof a little better. Steve Ruffo the Audi regional tech. representative says its within spec-$ull****.

So now my car is back in the shop for its 43rd consecutive day-less those weekends where they tried to sneak poor work past me.

I've spoken with the VP of Pray, Lisa Bernstein(spelling?)as well as James Cruse at AoA and told them they must resolve this TODAY...

Further, I spoke with the State of Connecticut's consumer protection agency and requested all materials required to enact the Lemon law and should have all this finished by next week. So it looks like I'll be going to arbitration against Pray in order to replace this car pronto as I would lose $ if I were to request a refund as it is based on purchase price less mileage(most of it has been back and forth from Pray +/-5% of purchase price.

Well, in my opinion, If you are thinking of purchasing your vehicle from Pray Audi; DON'T and save yourself the aggravation.

Sorry for the ranting, however, this type of treatment MUST be made public so others don't encounter the same troubles...

Peter Brennan
'99 A4 Avant 1.8T
currently driving another loaner, week 6 so far however, this time I've got an A6 2.8Q. They must have run out of A4's.
Old 08-16-1999, 09:22 AM
PeteW

Default Re: The Pray nightmare continues (very long )

If I were you, I would be sooo pissed...

One good thing about BMW, at least around Boston, a survey company calls and asks about 30 questions regarding the service. I complained last time, and they bent over backwards to help.

PeteW

95' 525i
S4 on order
Old 08-16-1999, 09:32 AM
Adam

Default Re: The Pray nightmare continues (very long )

Check out the following site: http://home.fuse.net/asktherep/

This guy gave me great advice on how to approach my lemon.<ul><li><a href="http://home.fuse.net/asktherep/">http://home.fuse.net/asktherep/</a</li></ul>
Old 08-16-1999, 09:37 AM
Peter Brennan

Thanks for the information
Old 08-16-1999, 09:58 AM
Vincent

Default As a result of you comments, I am ceasing my negotiations with Pray on an '99 A6 Avant

I had been talking with Noah Sullivan in Sales last week about leasing an A6 Avant and was going to call them to continue negotiaitions. I will now not make that call. I have no interest in doing business with a dealership who does not understand that the customer is #1 priority.

Pray may ask why I would take your word over theirs.... Well, It just so happens that I work with a guy who was at yesterdays meeting with you and he said that you were a very laid back guy who loves Audis and just wants a car without defects - seems reasonable to me!

Lisa, or any other Pray management, I hope you are reading this - your lack of customer service has just hit you where it counts. Maybe Malcolm bailed out b/c he saw the writing on the wall.

I'm off to Danbury or Jack Daniels (slightly better quotes anyway).

Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 08-16-1999, 10:05 AM
Rich W

Default Peter, I have sucessfully Lemon-Lawed 2 cars in NJ...

Peter,

If you are interested, drop me an email, and I'll give you my home number. I have sucessfully threatened the lemon law twice, once to VW and the second to Chevy.

Both times they settled before it went to arbitration. I'd be happy to share my experiences.

My dad is also the senior partner of a very large law firm.
Old 08-16-1999, 10:13 AM
Peter Brennan

Default Rich, I'm having trouble with my e-mail, please e-mail me-address enclosed

First and foremost, Thank you for you support. Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Peter Brennan
pjb@poyryusa.com
Old 08-16-1999, 10:13 AM
Rodney

VW does that (or used to), and Audi does it (also in Boston area)
Old 08-16-1999, 10:17 AM
Rich W

Default Vincent... STAY AWAY FROM JACK DANIELS!!! My experience was a nightmare...

To make a long story short. I ordered a car, waited 16 weeks, given a hard time every time I asked for an update. Then when we were one week from the day they promised, they said another 8-10 weeks. Unacceptable. Then I told them I wanted out, and even after a fight, they kept my deposit.

Plus, have you ever looked at their dealership? The place is a mess. I would never drop my car for service there, the place looks like a hole.

F-THEM...I repeat... F-THEM!

Go to Bellavia, in West New York, NJ.
Old 08-16-1999, 10:17 AM
A4guy

Default AoA does a survey in conjunction with dealers BUT there have been posts claiming...

that poor service ratings were actually used AGAINST customers in terms of nasty attitudes at the next visits.

I found this hard to believe and certainly could not substantiate it but it makes me think twice when answering the survey knowing that the dealer might see my answers and know it's me. Coincidentally, my dealer is PRAY! I will say that my experience (regular service intervals only) at Pray has not been negative - they did reprogram my remote for free.

Quick Reply: The Pray nightmare continues (very long )