A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Pretty amazing in the snow... 99 A4 2.8 Q

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 11:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pretty amazing in the snow... 99 A4 2.8 Q

Im in the Vancouver Canada area ( Surrey )...
we just got dumped on
I was driving on the hilly part of King George HWY in the S. Surrey area... at the part where the hill gets steep, there was a traffic jam caused by stuck vehicles...
to the right was a turnoff that bypasses the mess, but noone was taking it, maybe because it was an even steeper incline than the highway,
So I followed some Jeep that took it, no problem at all,
so I thought, OK, where is more of a challenge...
so I went to a hilly neighborhood by where my parents live,
the quattro was getting more of a workout, but no problem really.
The amazing thing was, I was behind a Toyota truck ( Tacoma maybe ) and it was having trouble with the hill, it was slippin and sliding, so I thought... well this hill is gonna be some trouble.
But... I went up slowly, and it didn't slip at all! It's like my car was just laughing at it.
And also, I just have all-season Michelins on it.
It was creepy man, I actually felt weird... like bad for the other cars on the road. It really was kind of unfair.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know what you mean. I just drove from Vancouver to Kamloops yesterday and driving on the Coquihalla highway was a real trip, packed snow and blowing pretty good in places. Was surprised that there was no snow in Kamloops. Just put Nokian WR G2s on the car 2 weeks ago and they are sensational. Am going on to Jasper today.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by John's MTM Allroad
I know what you mean. I just drove from Vancouver to Kamloops yesterday and driving on the Coquihalla highway was a real trip, packed snow and blowing pretty good in places. Was surprised that there was no snow in Kamloops. Just put Nokian WR G2s on the car 2 weeks ago and they are sensational. Am going on to Jasper today.
I was thinking about getting the Nokians, but I figured I would wait to see how my Michelin all-seasons would do. And They did great.
This leads me to wonder... with Nokian WRG2s? That must be some SERIOUS traction.
Ya Im sure if you go to Jasper you'll get to test out your Audi in some good snow ( try not to snicker at all the 4by4ers in their trucks as you pass them by )
Old 11-20-2010, 11:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hwy 5 had plenty of snow but once I was on Hwy 16, there were parts were it that were totally clear. I am currently in Jasper but it's supposed to get down to -20C tonight. Just hope the battery doesn't die on me.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by John's MTM Allroad
Hwy 5 had plenty of snow but once I was on Hwy 16, there were parts were it that were totally clear. I am currently in Jasper but it's supposed to get down to -20C tonight. Just hope the battery doesn't die on me.
The real fun comes when you start learning how to drive using the side windows