A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Problems with service at Agincourt Autohaus, maybe i am overreacting, need a shoulder . . . . .(long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-1999, 04:54 AM
randall

Default Problems with service at Agincourt Autohaus, maybe i am overreacting, need a shoulder . . . . .(long)

Took my car in for 84,000 Service. Oil change.<br>I have the used car warrante (120,000KM), lists for $1000 CDN<br>Listed the following problems<br>1. Driver's side door wind noise (we all know this one)<br>2. Driver's side seat rocking. Seems that the bolts are loose or something, but on acceleration, u can feel the seat rock back and forth<br>3. Seat wear. I warned on hear before on the leatherette--its worn smooth on the drivers seat cushion and cracking. It looks real bad, and is embarrasing.<br>4. Dash lifting. (we know this one too!) repaired last year, and starting to lift again.<br>5. Front clanking on bumpy roads. (I want to do suspension so lets get this out of the way)<br>6. Water temp not sitting at 90Deg. This is odd, sometimes it is below. Service guy says this is normal, and does not write it up. OK.<br>7. Fluctuating idle when cold. Service guy says this is normal (about 200RPM), and does not write up. OK<br>8. Cold running rattle. Sounds like the muffler is going to fall off, but goes away when warmed up. Service guy says this is normal, and does not write up. OK.<br>9. Called and added that the sunroof makes weird noise when closing, like an internal mechanism is going to break.<br>Ok, they call and say:<br>Door noise fixed, seat fixed, seat wear not covered under warantee, $230 to replace.<br>Dash lifting cant find, front clanking fixed (some control thingy replaced AGAIN)<br> Did a recall on the injectors—just checked to see if they were leaking, they were not, ok.<br>So I tell them pls check again on dash.<p>Show up to pick up the car:<br>Doorr: fixed, and sooo tight that you have to slam to close, and the outer weather stripping is deformed.<br>Seat: still rocks<br>Dash lifting obvious.<br>I grab the unwilling service tech. Take him out to the car. He says:<br>Door—ok it should not be that tight, whats the big deal attitude, bring in again to fix<br>Dash—looks ok, whats the big deal<br>Seat –looks ok, some play is normal<p>ARRGGG!!!<p>I have an appointment with the manager a Mr Hansen on 10:00 am Monday.<br>Maybe I am just venting (to some degree i am), but I don’t just bring my car in to have a conversation with the service guy. This is the 3rd set of problems with Agincourt, and it seems I ALWAYS have to go back to get it done right.<br>We’ll see.<br>Thankx for listening.<p>1996 a4 2.8 qm 12v
Old 06-04-1999, 08:53 AM
Mike

How to fix paint chips FAQ with pictures.
Old 06-04-1999, 08:59 AM
Andy Hedin

Default Here's a great article...

Follow the link to go to Car Care Specialties article on repairing paint chips. Sorry no pics but good reading...<ul><li><a href="http://www.carcareonline.com/paint_chips.html">Fixing Paint Chips</a></li></ul>