A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Quattro Club of FL meeting this saturday.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-1999, 06:46 PM
CJL

Default Quattro Club of FL meeting this saturday.....

Hello all,
Yes, the second Saturday of the month is already upon us, so that means that it's time again to eat wings and talk Audis! The next Audi Quattro Club of Florida meeting is this Saturday, August 14th at 2pm at Kelseys Pizzeria in Orlando. Most of the members agreed that last month's meeting at Race Rock was a great venue, but unfortunetely we couldn't hear each other talk due to all the noise inside. So we will be going back to Kelsey's Pizzeria this month until we can locate another meeting place that offers us ample parking, good food, and an area large enough that we can all sit together and hear each other talk.

This meeting will be a little different than previous club meetings. I will have an agenda of all the items we need to discuss at the meeting. With the membership growing so fast, and so many activities coming up this fall, I figured an agenda would be useful to keep us focused and to let everyone know what activities we are looking at over the next several months. If you have any suggestions for an agenda item, please let me know and I will add it.

Some of the items that will be discussed at this meeting:
-Fall QCUSA track event
-Possible Road Rally with the Porsche Club
-2000 model year Audi preview party for us hosted by the new Orlando dealer
-Door prizes
-Possible new meeting locations
-Fall trip to Lakridge Winery

As always, check out our web site for more info, and Craig promises a major update to the site soon, or we all get to use his car until he does update it.
Quattro Club of Florida: http://www.quattroclubusa.org/r/florida/

At the end of this message are directions to Kelseys for those of you who have never been to one of our Kelseys meetings.

Hope to see you all at the meeting, and if you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 407-657-2479. See you Saturday!

Christian J. Long
President - Quattro Club of Florida
Orlando, Florida, USA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'98.5 Audi A4 1.8tsm K&N, 17" Ronal R28s
'90 Audi 90
'87 Porsche 944S
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Past Audis: '84 CGT, '85CGT, '87.5 CGT, '90 CQ

DIRECTIONS TO KELSEYS:
The restaurant is Kelseys Pizzeria, by UCF. The address is 12269 University Blvd, Orlando. The best way to get there is to take I-4 to the 408 toll Expressway (EXIT 36, just before the downtown Orlando exits), and got east toward UCF. After about 6.5 miles, the expressway will split. You want to stay to the left, where the expressway is called 417 and the signs are labeled "to UCF and Sanford". Go another 3.7 miles until you hit a toll booth, just after that toll booth you want to be right lane immediately. Right after the toll booth is the University Blvd exit, and there are 2 exits for University, you want the 1st one which is for East University (EXIT 37A). Take University Blvd east 2.5 miles until it ends at Alayfaya trail. The shopping center where Kelseys is located is on the corner of University and Alafaya on the left. The end of University is at the top of a hill, so when you've gone about 2.5 miles, and see the stoplight at the top of the hill, you will want to look left and get into that shopping center on the corner. If you get lost, you can call me on my cell phone at 407-234-4355 or the restaurant at 407-282-0505.

You can see an overall map of the Expressway in Orlando by going to http://www.expresswayauthority.com/maps/mapzoom.html