A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Raced a G20t and got a goddamn speeding ticket...more and long as usual

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-1999, 05:18 PM
Tom

Default Raced a G20t and got a goddamn speeding ticket...more and long as usual

Hello everybody;<br>Vehicle: 99 Jetta IV GLS 2.0 4-speed automatic, basically completely stock<br>Time: around noon time<br>'Weather: extremely sunny weather (25 degrees)<br>Location: that's the usual sketch of highway I drive to and back to school everyday. The freeways just off on both end of this short highway (similar to US expressway). The one I got caught is just off the singled-lane sector which starts from around 10 km on the east side and 5 km from the west side. Single lane sector speeding limit is 80 km/h while no speed limit post on 2 lane sector (a very good trap). Most people drive at least 100 km/h on sunny day like this and minimum 90+km/h even on rainy weather.<br>While I started the race the G20t about 6 km/h cause of his tailgates to my car since the last intersection, I averaged about 95 km/h from the last signal before the 2 lane sector. We were perpendicular to each other on the 2 lane section, the invisible Crown Victoria on the opposite lane (very invisite cause its light blue) clocked both of us while the opposite lane's traffic is busy as usual. He made a quick U-turn and called both of us the stop at the Shell station after the signal before the long freeway to both Vancouver downtown and US border (Washington). He charged me CAD$173 for going 107 km/h on a 80km/h zone, the G20t probably the same before the signal. I both felt lucky and angry cause he didn't charge me dangerous driving (he clearly saw me race with the G20t as I accelerating through 110 km/h to try to see who's first through the signal) and angry cause there usually no speed sign at that area. Everybody know if you go less than 100km/h there you will get tailgate, There were a dozens of vehicles following us but this cop just wants to charge both of us, maybe because of our new cars?<br>Any Canadian know how to dispute a "hand-held" ticket and where to find a V1 radar detector in Vancouver area? I couldn't found it in any Future Shop or A&B sound today.<br>Any thoughts will be highly appreciated<br>Tom<br>97 A4 1.8TQMS<br>99 JETTA IV GLS 2.0
Old 05-25-1999, 05:28 PM
A4.org reader and Law Enforcement Officer

Default Hope you learned a valuable lesson! Racing on the street just isn't worth the risk!-->

Not only do you put yourself at risk but others on the road. Do us all a favor and grow up. If you were caught racing on the street, you deserve the ticket.<p>If I caught you, I would have also searched your car, made you sweat, and scared you from ever racing on the street again!
Old 05-25-1999, 06:03 PM
Dudley Dooright

What's there to dispute? You just confessed.
Old 05-25-1999, 06:19 PM
A.C.L.U.

Who do you think you are. ? The power of search and seizure is not your own personal form of punishment. Get a life!!!
Old 05-25-1999, 06:24 PM
Jonny Cochran

NT to above post..
Old 05-25-1999, 06:58 PM
65 mph is a joke.

Default I hate the Highway Patrol

..stop some real crime for a change.
Old 05-25-1999, 07:15 PM
PagsHHI

Default Not a very professional or ethical statement!!!!

nt<br>
Old 05-25-1999, 07:28 PM
O.J. Simpson

With cops like you I have to wonder if O.J. was set up
Old 05-25-1999, 07:37 PM
vertigo

Who the hell are you to &quot;make him sweat&quot;?? This is why people thing cops are pigs. Do your job but don't be a jerk.
Old 05-25-1999, 07:42 PM
When I get a ticket for 80 in a 65, I thank the of

Default Actually, I wish there were more troopers out to keep the good drivers driving good & bad drivers off the street.

It is apalling to think that there are people that can afford a fine $30K automobile who make comments slamming the police force. No one likes a ticket. But if you do the crime, don't sit there and whine like a spolied little whining baby.<p>Grow up & try to be a man or woman, not a boy toy or teen-age girl. What, did mommy & daddy buy you the car? <p>Frankly I have found, and it has never failed me, that if I treat officers with respect, honesty, and integrity, they are more than fair. Must be that they get tired of dealing with loud mourth arrogant punks who think Bart Simpson is the proper way to behave in society.<p>

Quick Reply: Raced a G20t and got a goddamn speeding ticket...more and long as usual