A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Raced a G20t and got a goddamn speeding ticket...more and long as usual

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-1999, 09:47 AM
vertigo

Default here we go again....

Once again, unable to admit hat the officer in question's responses<br>as well as those supporting *him* are full of vitriolic and misdirected<br>attacks. Just like this one. You don't like me, I don't care. But try<br>attacking my argument insted of me--if you can. In the mean time<br>go read your manual--"racing" if that's what you think it is does not<br>equate to probable cause. As usual, the livid attacks launched by both<br>this officer and yourself give away the bombastic bullying attitude that<br>I maintain induces citizens to disrespect authority. Try reading his posts<br>and for that matter your own and maybe you'll understand--thought I doubt<br>you have theopen mind to do it :-)
Old 05-26-1999, 09:50 AM
vertigo

Default No reason for search given save "making him sweat". Intent is clearly to harass....

Moreover, racing hardly indicates that he's going to achieve anything<br>by searching the car. Your probable cause argument is weak.
Old 05-26-1999, 11:00 AM
DaveN

True, but in Colorado you are guilty if you do not submit.
Old 05-26-1999, 11:31 AM
vertigo

Moreover, search for what? What did the officer think he would find?! Sorry, there is no probable cause and no legitimate reason to search nt.
Old 05-26-1999, 11:38 AM
DaveN

Default The one thing that is not clear is the officer's motivation...

If the officer pulled me and proceeded to try and make me sweat than I think it would fall into the area of harassment, because frankly I look too old and stupid to learn anything. But someone (excuse the sterotype) who is going to get pulled over for racing is likely to be a young male, so perhaps a little education is in order. I remember a young man (ward of a friend) who was arrested for stealing stop signs. Not a big deal (signs are not real expensive) until someone is killed because of it. He was a minor, and the judge gave him probation, so now his record is clear. But I think that experience had a profound effect on him, he has now graduated from college, and is doing very well. Perhaps the officer above didn't think the full weight of the system needs to be applied, that a little push would be all that is required.
Old 05-26-1999, 12:14 PM
KurtW

Default Uh Oh. . .oFFICER Needle is back, giving. . .

true Public Servants a bad name through his one avenue of power. Our tax $ at waste, and on a megalomaniac with a badge and gun. <p>whoopie. I feel safer now. yep. sure do. uh-huh.
Old 05-26-1999, 07:00 PM
markbradford

Default This entire thing started from a story based in Canada. SEARCHES LEGAL UNDER THE CANADA EVIDENCE ACT ONLY IF LOOKING FOR ILLEGAL DRUGS, WEAPONS, OR ALCOHOL. MORE

An officer can't simply search for racing. However, if he comes to the window and smells liquor or pot smoke, or the driver's eyes are really dilated, then he has grounds for a search.
Old 05-26-1999, 07:02 PM
markbradford

DITTO, nuff said.
Old 05-27-1999, 06:21 AM
It is not about searches or racing. It is about c

You attack me for attacking you. Then you attack me right back.