A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Radar Jammer advice????

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The cop can still give you a ticket (long and boring)

An officer is not required to furnish proof to issue a ticket.

It's never a good idea to do anything that the cop will remember or think is remarkable. Don't ask to see the gun, don't ask for a badge number, just smile and nod and comply.

When you first see the lights, look in your mirror and wave-that lets him know you've noticed him. In the same motion, point to the right side of the road, that lets him know you'll be pulling over to the right. Pull far off the road, or if it's possible, into a parking lot, away from any danger or other cars.

Turn off the engine, turn off the radio, lower the windows, remove your sunglasses, then place both hands back on the steering wheel, and look through the rearview mirror. This lets the cop know you're not a threat. next to a domestic disurbance call, a traffic stop is one of the most dangerous things for a cop, you never know who or what is in the car. Don't make sudden moves- announce what you are going to do and then do it. for example "My license is in my wallet in my pocket" then you reach for it.

9 times out of 10, you won't get the ticket. even if you do, you've made the stop so unremarkable that he'll forget you the moment his car door closes, and then when it comes time to make his court appearance he won't have made any notes, nor will he remember you.

This is a good idea for other reasons as well, like safety. About 10 years ago,A security guard on his way home from work gets pulled over. Officer walks up and asks for license and proof of insurance. Guard, irritated, reaches over to open the glovebox quickly. He forgets that his licensed handgun is on the passenger seat. Cop is alarmed by the quick movement, sees the gun, and fires 5 times, killing him.

Did the cop go to jail? no, cops don't go to jail. He's still a cop, still pulling people over. I'm not saying moving slower would definetely have saved the dumbass guard's life, but it could have.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:02 AM

Wow ... heck of a story about that poor sap gaurd ... not boring at all!
Old 03-27-2003, 11:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default That's why my insurance card is in the visor

I keep my insurance card and reg card in the sun visor. That way I can lower it (so he can see there is nothing else up there) and get my cards w/out reaching for the glove box.

I sometimes keep a 9mm auto (10 rounds JHP+p) in my glove box so I *don't* want to open it when stopped! You need to be very careful with guns in the car! I like the fact that the audi glove box locks.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Why the gun?

I hope you don't advertize to anyone you keep a gun in there. Lets say your girlfriend gets pissed off at something you did, calls the cops. I don't think I'd want to be you when the cops find you.

What if some one else is driving, and they don't know the gun is there?

Or, how about a car theif steals your car. Cops chase him. Maybe he finds the gun.

Don't get me wrong, I think people have a right to protect themselves, just as long as they don't endanger others while doing it.