A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

RATS & MICE love AUDI's

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-1998, 08:53 AM
Gary @ Ronal

Default RATS & MICE love AUDI's

Technical UPDATE from S.CA. regarding possible problems w. cars. <br>It appears that there is a rash of occurances in S.CA. regarding mice and rats LOVING the insulation of the wires and the regular insulation inside the engine compartment. Evidently, these creatures are crawling inside the engine compartment and eating the insulation!!! A prime example that's re-occuring is the insulation around the Oxygen sensor, there are two! Apparantly this is an approximate out of pocket expense, warranty does not cover, of app. $700.00.<br>As a sidelight, if you're having trouble w. electronics etc. this may be the cause in that it is very difficult to see,---where your friendly rat is knawing!! Gary.
Old 10-29-1998, 09:03 AM
Albert

Does that mean rodents have better taste in cars than most consumers?
Old 10-29-1998, 09:12 AM
BC

Default Marmots in Mineral King

For a number of years marmots have been eating radiator hoses <br>etc. in Mineral King and other parts of the Sierra. Backpackers <br>leave their cars surrounded by chickenwire to keep out the marmots.
Old 10-29-1998, 09:15 AM
PhilJ

Gnaw, it doesn't suck, it bites!
Old 10-29-1998, 09:39 AM
sae

Default They loved my old Honda, too..

I was on a camping trip in the mountains. When I returned to my car, I loaded everything up and started heading back home. I turned on the air conditioner and heard a strange noise, followed by a severe vibration of the dashboard. When I got home, I opened up the fan unit of the A/C, and found the guts and fur of two or more rodents who took up residence in the blower! Guess they thought it was an 'exercise wheel' ; )<p>It took months to get rid of the smell!! <p>scott.<br>1.8tqm <= audi content
Old 10-29-1998, 09:59 AM
Koushik

Default Just leave a lil bowl of antifreeze under the car to take the critter's attention away..

.. but keep your beloved pets away from the car , of course...<p>-K.
Old 10-29-1998, 10:20 AM
ChuckH

Default Chipmunks too!

I had a chipmunk that knawed away at the under hood insulation in my 90Q, and then used it to make a bed on top of the intake manifold. I placed moth ***** around the outside of the car, and he didn't come back. Of course, the damage was already done. I guess I can't blame him for wanting a warm place to sleep!<p>Charles<br>
Old 10-29-1998, 10:56 AM
GregW

Default Kia's in New Zealand...they eat wiper blades

You'll see signs where they are found, warning you about this.<p>They also eat boots.<br>
Old 10-29-1998, 11:05 AM
GregW

I should mention that a Kia is a form of parrot
Old 10-29-1998, 01:01 PM
Glenn R

Default Black widows where I live. Found 4 dead ones in my garage last night after bombing it...

and those were the ones I could see. YUCK!!!

Quick Reply: RATS & MICE love AUDI's