A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Rector Motors: Update on Service and Body Shop Depts

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-1998, 10:37 AM
SK Mock

Default Rector Motors: Update on Service and Body Shop Depts

<br>For San Francisco Bay Area Peninsula Audi owners the closest choices for service are Rector in Burlingame and Carlson in Palo Alto. Recently I took my 97 1.8TM in for warranty work and body shop services, here are my impressions:<br>Service Dept: There are two new assistant service managers: Dan and Hector, both have previous exerience working for Saturn. In dealing with both individuals, each showed a high level of professionalism, ability to listen to problems and apply business world techniques used in top level customer service. The following procedures were done under warranty: 1. Valve cover gasket had minor oil leak; 2. Passenger side mirror heating assembly burned out; 3. Driver side rear tail light had small internal stress fracture; 4. Drivers side sport seat had spring loose near lumbar support which was pushing into seat back. All repaired/replaced and car ready the same day. Was given Enterprise Geo Metro rental car. <br>Body Shop: Had the rear bumper cap repainted and a small depression in the center repaired. Worked with John Jensen, Body Shop Foreman and Anna Galea, Body Shop Manager. Overall excellent job. Paint applied uniformly around the rolled edges and onto the back side of the bumper cap. Inspection under natural sunlight and artifical light shows the repainted bumper cap to be indistinguishable from the other body panels. Hue, chroma and overall color match is right on. the money. <br>
Old 10-20-1998, 10:59 AM
JKP

Default Re: Rector Motors: Update on Service and Body Shop Depts

Thanks for the update on Rector-It's where I bought my '99