A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Rector Still Reliable?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2000, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rector Still Reliable?

Rector is the most convenient dealership for me to have my car serviced at. In reviewing the archives it seems most postings are positive, although most of them refer to Hector and Dan who are no longer associated with the service department. Any of you have recent experiences with Rector in the last six months? Who should I talk to there? Should I go there in the first place?

Thanks....
Old 10-09-2000, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Rector Still Reliable?

Well I just had my 30K service there. I used to be with Dan and now I'm with Andy. She seems pretty good but it was only one visit, time will tell. Everything was addressed and fixed except for one issue (mechanic couldn't hear the noise, even after I pointed it out).

By the way, Hector is still at Rector he's just not a service writer anymore. He now works in the tower (service dispatch I believe).

Alex M. 99.5 1.8TQMS
Old 10-09-2000, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Rector Still Reliable? HELL NO!

I actually picked up my car from Rector a couple hours ago for my 15000 mile service on my '00 1.8TQMSX. I usually take mine to Stevens Creek Audi, but had to take it to Rector since neither of other dealerships had a service date available earlier than the beginning of next month. One piece of advice, schedule for your service appointments way in advance. I just got mine for my 20000 mile service and Stevens Creek Audi gave me Dec 12th as the first available date....yes, ridiculous waits.

Anyway, my experience at Rector was not all that great. The service manager in the morning who took my info in the morning (Gil, I think) was incompetent. I had some questions on a scratch I have on my rear bumper and he gave me a complete run around...i.e. showing no willingness to help. He didn't fill out my maintanence book properly either. I was supposed to actually meet this guy Kevin Johnson, but he seemed to be busy.

As I was driving all the way from San Jose to have my car serviced I asked how late I could pick up my car and I was told at 6pm sharp we close the gates. I said ok, I'll be there by 6. So when I got a call in the afternoon that my car was finished I asked Kevin about the bumper repair and he give me a run around answer as well...i hate the fact that these guys are not willing to help even though they know what is to be said to guide a clueless customer. So I told Kevin again that I would pick up my car by 6pm.

So I have my friend give me a ride to the dealer and we get there at 5:57 or so. A janitor looking dude is just about to close the gate and I tell him to stop. As I go in all the lights are turned off and in a small office I see this lady who greeted me in the morning and introduced herself as the service coordinator. Well, I asked her whether I could get my car and the first thing she did was look at the clock in the office, which was 10 minutes ahead saying something like 6:07. Guys, I'm not exaggerating. I did get my car, but no run down of what services were performed or if everything was alright with my car. Yeah, leave me in the dark! So I drive back and stop for some dinner...I notice once I get out of my car that the headlamp wiper cover is gone...WHAT THE HELL? They must have washed it and done something freaky with it! So they'll be getting a call tomorrow. Do you guys think they will replace that part? I hope so.
If anyone knows, what is the cost for this?

I'll make a separate post out of this.

'00 1.8TQMSX
Old 10-09-2000, 08:30 PM

Thanks..., Any other people taking their cars to Rector?
Old 10-09-2000, 09:48 PM

Default They service my PES A4...

Bitch all you want. A dealer who keeps my car under warranty service after two versions of the PES, H&R coilovers and Tarox brakes is going to keep getting my business. Sure the law says they're supposed to do it, but most dealers go dick when the see a mod.

Now the ARE busy and not always on top of things. I was with Hector, now Andy. She seems cool. Fix the stock stuff, don't blame the mods. That's all I want.

I leave a written checklist of what I want done and not done at each service interval, they do it.