A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Removing interior panel between front and rear doors on Avant.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing interior panel between front and rear doors on Avant.

Never done this before. Doesn't look too obvious to me at first look. Figured I'd see if anyone has any experience. If you're interested, I'm running wires from trunk to 6.5"s in the rear doors. Would like to run them into the door via the rubber sealed wiring conduit. Could try snaking down from the door side or up from the floor, but I'm wary about disconnecting things.

TIA.
Old 09-24-2002, 10:43 AM

Default Very easy to do....

I just removed my driver side rear door panel the other day to do some PDR work. It's simple, I did a search and found this link, hope this helps...<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/419398.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/419398.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 09-24-2002, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Wrong panel.

Thanks for the info. I've done that as well. I'm trying to remove the small panel that covers the frame between the front door and the rear door. It's the same panel the the seat belt recoils into....

Thanks though.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:23 AM

Default Sorry!! Here is some info to remove B-pillar molding and more...

Molding removal:

The moldings on the A4 are removable in the following manner:

1) The front kick panels are mounted with screws (I believe 2, with one under a trim piece); once the screws are removed, the panel swivels back and up.

2) The under-dash covers are mounted with screws. For the driver's side (sorry, I don't have info on the passenger's side), there should be 4 screws total: two are under the plastic trim pieces along the front of the panel (one screw under each trim piece), one is inboard towards the center console, and one is accessible from the fuse panel (you must open the door all the way and remove the fuse panel, which is a vertical cover on the outbound edge of the dash, in the door jamb, in order to reach this screw).

3) The B-pillar trim up near the headliner is removed by grasping the top edge and pulling horizontally towards the center of the car. Then the trim slides out (probably up). Note: when re-installing, there is some kind of pin or track for the seat belt height adjustment that must be properly installed before remounting the trim.

4) The door thresholds pull straight up (remove kick panel and B-pillar trim first, if necessary). Note that the trim around the seat belt lower mount may not be removable without actually removing the seat belt assembly itself (but you can probably work around it if you're just trying to route wiring to the back of the car, as was my case).

5) The rear seat bottom pulls straight up.

6) The side (outboard) seat back cushions - the ones that are not part of the fold-down seats - pull out.

7) Refer to the archives (e.g, the articles entitled "Replacing Front Speakers" and "Rear Deck (removing)") for more information on door panel and rear deck removal.

Hope this helps...
Old 09-24-2002, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks again.

That's exactly what I was looking for.
Old 09-24-2002, 02:02 PM

No problem.