A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Replaced TT "N" valve with Forge valve. Anyone else think the Forge valve is giNORMOUS?.............

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2001, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced TT "N" valve with Forge valve. Anyone else think the Forge valve is giNORMOUS?.............

This metal badboy is HUGE compared to the Bosch valves. And it's pretty weighty as well. The vacuum hose is a tight fit, and so is the intercooler hose.

Anyway, I've had the TT "N" valve on my car for more than 5k miles, and lately my car hadn't felt as smooth as it was when I first installed that. Just for kicks, I ordered a Forge valve to replace it. Well, I took the TT valve out and pushed on it with a piece of plastic. It would open smoothly, but when it closed, it would stick in a weird slanted position. At first, I thought it was because of the way I was pushing on the valve. But I was actually pushing directly in the middle and in a straight motion. I kept pushing some more to see if it'd close properly in a straight position, but it wouldn't. It would always close and sit in a slanted position, with the plastic diaphragm looking dislodged. So now it's stuck in that position. What does this mean? Eh, I dunno. You decide.

I'm heading out to drive with the Forge valve to see if I can feel any difference. I'll post impressions later.
Old 10-05-2001, 03:14 PM

Default Yeah i just ordered the upgraded piston/rings/lube for the forge

then i'll install into my car...you'll like it...it definitely will sound cooler when the bypass action happens...it's even more pronounced if you're using an open air element.
Old 10-05-2001, 03:22 PM
Elder Member

Default I hate to say it, but I told you so! :) We went through the same sh*t with the TT.

I tried to warn you boys off of the Audi part.

OK, I also replied here since I love to look at your sig.