A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Results of 20K service... Overall grade: C

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-1999, 04:48 AM
David P

Default Results of 20K service... Overall grade: C

Issues:
<b>Oil overfilled! Told this was normal. Extra Mobil 1 not returned prior to asking for it. Grade: D</b>

<i> 1. Clutch makes a popping sound when depressed. A clutch squeek was first reported
at my 15K service in Cary, North Carolina, during which they replaced my clutch
master cylinder. A few hundred miles later the intermittant popping started.

The pop comes from the area of the clutch rubber "boot" in the driver’s side footwell to
the right of the steering column . This is NOT the soft double clicking sound the toggle
switch makes when the clutch is fully depressed. This problem was documented 5000
miles ago and still very annoying. Ambient temperature seems to have a lot to do with
how loud the pop is. Please find a permanent solution to this problem.</i>

<b>Problem NOT solved. Rubber boot was lubricated. Pop is still there and louder than ever. How did the service guy miss this when he checked the car again? Grade: C </b>

<i> 2. Center console trim area around the shifter makes a lot of noise when the car is in
motion. Please fix.</i>

<b>Armrest lubed. Still squeaks. No evidence of any lubricant used on armrest. No other abnormal noises observed. Grade: B.</b>

<i> 3. Steering column makes creaking and groaning noises when turned at a slow
speed, < 5mph.</i>

<b>Steering column disassembled and lubricated. Problem NOT fixed. How'd this get past quality check? Grade: D</b>

<i> 4. Outside heated mirrors do not heat up. Please replace. Refer to Technical Bulletins
66-99-01 and 66-99-02. </i>

<b>Mirrors ordered. Grade: A</b>

<i> 5. One front floor mat fastener cover is missing. P/N ZVW 178 001. This part is listed
as "spare parts."</i>

<b>Part ordered. Grade: A</b>

<i>6. Headlights make uneven pattern on the wall. Please check headlight alignment.
Refer to Technical Bulletin 94-98-01.</i>

<b>Done. Grade: A</b>

<i> 7. Wind noise is heard by the a-pillar. Is there a fix for this? (TB 66-99-04)</i>

<b>Drivers side mirror housing ordered. Is this necessary? The TB simply says to install a pad. Grade:?</b>

Dealer: International Autos Brookfield, WI
Old 09-09-1999, 05:15 AM
What Adope

Why are you telling us this, who cares you A hole, go and tell mommy.........
Old 09-09-1999, 05:18 AM
DRF

For God's sake take your Prozac!
Old 09-09-1999, 05:21 AM
Donger Breath

Blow Me
Old 09-09-1999, 05:28 AM
bb

Default One expects better out of a premium brand, no?

However it appears that a portion of A4.Org readers aren't quite the cut above one would hope for either.
Old 09-09-1999, 05:52 AM
TobyK

I guess you'd be happy with that level of service?
Old 09-09-1999, 05:55 AM
Rodney

Default It's called sharing experiences and information...

And it's one of the primary functions of this board. This information will help those near that dealer determine whether or not they want to have their cars serviced at that dealer. In addition, by sharing problems and their solutions, others who are experiencing simmilar issues, or do in the future will have a reference as to what worked or did not work. Furthermore, AoA DOES monitor this board, as do many dealers. It is important for AoA to know if service departments are providing the level of care that their customers need and expect. It is also good for dealers to know that our experiences, good and bad, will be shared with other potential clients. Thus, hopefully, encouraging them work towards meeting our high expectations.

Regards,
Rodney

'99 A4 1.8tqms
Old 09-10-1999, 04:55 AM
Roger

Wind Noise TSB felt washer fix my wind noise...