A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Review of a service visit at Tischer Audi (Long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2001, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review of a service visit at Tischer Audi (Long)

Couple of weeks ago, I need to have the 50k mi service done. Since I heard a lot of good thing about Tischer Audi in Silver Spring, MD. I decided to try them out.

I used Audi website to make an appointment for the service. Within an hour I received a call from Mike. Mike was very pleasant and indicated that they will "arrange something" for loaner. He scheduled me for 2 weeks later (yesterday) He asked me to come early so they could start working on my car as soon as techs get in.

Brought my car to Tischer Audi yesterday. George, another service advisor greeted me. He was very pleasant and polite, he even opens doors for me! For the first time I felt that they actually appreciate my business, rather than I am taking their valuable time!! I was really impressed. After all the paperwork was done. He indicated that he has put my name on the list for a rental. I was kind of nervious at first, rental? I thought I am getting a loaner... But soon the rental people told me Tischer Audi is covering the rental! I got a brand new Neon, no power windows, door locks, and mirrors. But hey! it's a car! I was on my way to work.

Received a call from Mike that afternoon. He indicated that they need more time to work on the car. Again, he was pleasant. I said no problem. He said he will call me tomorrow (today)

I called this afternoon checking on the status of my car. I left a message for Mike. Mike soon call me back and told me the car was ready to be pick up. He also indicated that he will not be there when I come in and wished me a great weekend. Drove the Neon back after work and picked up the car. Everyone at the dealership was helpful and pleasant. Even the guy who brought my car up said thank you!!

Customer Service: A - Very pleasant service staffs, from the service advisors to receptionists, they all treated me with great respect, as well as offering free rental. The only negative I found is they did not wash my car, like my previous dealer, or else it would be a A+.

Atmosphere: A - Clean waiting room, they offer coffee and pastry in the morning. Shiny showroom floor. A very nice, clean enviroment.

Technical Service: A- - Everything was covered, including a broken dome light, free of charge (Audi new car warranty still in effect until 50k, then Audi assured warranty kicks in.) My previous dealer charged me for broken stuff (I did not know then.) Everything requested was done, except the center dash rattles. They blamed that to the coins in ash try. I think I could tell the sound is coming from (and it's not from the ashtry)

Overall: A - So far the best dealership I've dealt with, ever.

Most customer does not demand much. We don't want to be treated like royalty. we only want to be treated with respect and honesty. It's nice to finally experience what good customer service really means. Rest assured that if I need something done at a dealership, Tischer Audi would be my choice.

Kenny
Old 05-25-2001, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Kenny, you ought to forward this to AoA and Tischer so they know that something is right!!
Old 05-26-2001, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

good idea!
Old 05-26-2001, 06:41 AM

Default I agree 110%

I got my car there in January and had my 5K service done there about a month ago. Everything from the buying experience to the first service has been first-rate. I'd recommend Tischers to anyone in the DC/MD/VA area.

2001 A41.8TQMSX
Celebration
Silver/onyx leatherette
Still modless