A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

scratch on paint

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-1999, 12:26 PM
Arthur

Default scratch on paint

does anyone know of a simple solution to taking care of scratches? I own a casblanca white A4 and have just re-scratched the paint. Before I was able to buff out the paint, but this time, buffing is not helping. Don't ever let any metal, rings, watches, bracelets, hell jean buttons touch Audi's unclear-coated paint. It scratches easier than any other paint I have seen. comparing to other audi's, vw's, volvo and japanese that I have owned. I would have this touched up, but it is in a bad spot. Anybody have any type of solution, beside having it professionally touched up?
Old 09-16-1999, 01:26 PM
Greg

Re: scratch on paint
Old 09-16-1999, 01:26 PM
Greg Davis

Is Audi paint not clearcoated?
Old 09-16-1999, 01:44 PM
PhilJ

Default Are you sure the _paint_ is scratched?

When I owned a white Integra, things would "scratch" the clearcoat paint, but they actually turned out to be just marks that were easily removed with a little clearcoat cleaner or polish.

AFAIK, all cars come with clearcoat to protect the paint underneath. If your car truly did not come clearcoated, then your paint would be oxidized by now and any scratches would show bare metal...

There are many products available to reduce the visibility of scratches and other problems.

-PhilJ