A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

SE Michigan or Great Lakes A4 (or Audi) Clubs (long)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-1998, 10:01 AM
M. Ivy

Default SE Michigan or Great Lakes A4 (or Audi) Clubs (long)

I just relocated from Chicago to the SE Michigan (Detroit) area this past weekend. I am looking for information on any A4 or Audi Clubs in the area. I have checked out the Great Lakes A4 Club's website and attempted to contact Larry Craig to no avail. <p>I am hoping to find out what clubs in the area may be affiliated with the Quattro Club of America and whether there are any meetings or activities scheduled in the near future. Basically, I'm looking for other A4 or Audi owners who would enjoy getting together for meetings or activities centered around their marque or model. Any imformation would be appreciated.<p>Me? I'm a relatively new owner of a Black/Ecru A4 2.8 Quattro with Tiptronic shift and the Sport Package. Oh, my A4 feels mighty lonely since there are very few non-Big Three cars on the roads in the Southeast Michigan area. <p>If you're interested in taking a look at the car follow the link. In the event it doesn't work the images may be found at http://www.mcs.com/~mwivy/ouraudi.html<p>Michael Ivy<br>Newly A4.org Registered A4 Owner<ul><li><a href="http://www.mcs.com/~mwivy/ouraudi.html">The Black Mobile!</a></li></ul>
Old 11-04-1998, 11:19 AM
Cathleen

Default Hello neighbor!

Welcome to the neighborhood!<br>Where is the metro-Detroit area did you move to?<br>Larry Craig of the GLA4 Club has been traveling on business quite extensively so as far as I know, there have been no activities.<br>As far as the Quattro Club's Michigan Chapter, Francois Faloppa is the contact. I can e-mail you his #. We haven't done much lately and need more participation. <br>You said you just moved here last weekend....you haven't been in the Birmingham area on Woodward Ave. prior to actually moving here....say a month ago?<br>-Cathleen A4 2.8qm (laser red w/A!AvantGarde S System body kit)
Old 11-04-1998, 01:09 PM
Rich

Default Re: Hello neighbor!

Cathleen--didn't realize you were so close! That body kit survives Detroit area roads??<br>I've just moved up to NW Michigan / Traverse City area this year, but do get back down to the Dee-troit area pretty frequently to concerts, clubs, etc., so lemme know if you're doin' somethin', or if you'll be up this way..<p>Rich<br>'98 2.8Q sport<br>teachin' the north folk how to drive..<br>
Old 11-04-1998, 01:27 PM
Cathleen

Default Just up there last month!

Went to visit family in Interlochen the weekend of October 10th! We went up to Mission Point one day and visited the lighthouse and that neat winery on the hill.<br>The fall colors were fabulous. You didn't see me tooling around downtown TC in my Loud Red Quattro??<br>Yes, definitely let me know when you plan to be down this way....we'll have to get some A4 and Audi folk together for a social visit!<br>-Cathleen<br>P.S. Getting ready to put the winter booties on the car and raise the suspension for the winter. Usually, it's not too bad around here until January, though. You on the other hand, are in the snow belt!
Old 11-04-1998, 03:46 PM
Rich

Default a long snow belt

Getting ready to drive across one very long snow belt to Seattle (see ski rack and snow tires posts..)<br>I'll have to get in touch when I get back in March..I'm sure I'll be down in Detroit.. Have fun this winter **<p>Rich<br>'98 2.8Q sport