A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Should I get the A4 now or wait?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get the A4 now or wait?

I'm in the market for a new car and the A4 is one of them. The question I have for you A4 enthusiasts is should I get it now or wait for the new model in October. I really want to get rid of my civic. haha

Thanks.
Old 06-13-2001, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Buy the 1.8T now, one less Honda on the road the better!
Old 06-13-2001, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Buy the 1.8T now, one less Honda on the road the better!

haha... What about the 02 model?
Old 06-13-2001, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ask yourself....

Do you like the current styling of the A4?
Do you want the 3.0 engine?
Can you wait until Oct.'01 - Feb. '02 for your car?
Do you not mind possible quirks associated with any cars 1st year runs?
Do you not mind paying a premium to be the first on the block with a new model car?

Have you test driven the current A4? What did you like/dislike?

This should help you arrive at your decision.
Old 06-13-2001, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Should I get the A4 now or wait?

Well, you will hear a lot from the "enthusiasts" around here how ugly the 02' A4 is but very few, if any, can comment on how the car performs. This "enthusiast" is a bit more concerned with performance than looks. With that said I have read several articles which claim that the 02' A4 is an improvement over the current model. That is saying a lot considering the current A4 is a great car.

If you want more creditable information on the 02' A4 I suggest that you do a search of the web for reviews (Euro car mags).
Old 06-13-2001, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It depends on what you want

If you NEED a car right now, then go for it, you can't go wrong, the current A4 is a great car.

If you can wait then that would probably be a good idea. The new A4 is supposed to give much better performance and has more rear leg room (for those who care). Also, unless the economy makes a big rally this summer, new car sales are going to suffer. That may put you in a better bargaining position with the dealer. Also, if you then decide to go for one of the older ones still on the lot you may be able to negotiate a good discount on it.
Old 06-13-2001, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You have E-Mail!

...got it from a friend at Motor Trend 8^)
Old 06-13-2001, 07:04 AM

Default Many are scrambling to get the last of a classic . . .

it's a little too late to order, but there may be dealers who can change a current order to get you what you want. My new avant just arrived and I plan to drive it for two or three years, let Audi get the bugs out of the new model, and then we'll see. I just may hold on to this one for a long time. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2001, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default don't isolate the enthusiasts' attitude about the new A4

on this board it seems that a consensus is formed from the opinions of a select few who seem to use this as a regular gathering place. there are twice as many who are quite independent and who i am sure love the look of the new A4. i myself have seen it in europe and it is quite gorgeous. the current car has its ugly side from certain angles too. as do all of its competitors. in the very least- do not generalize your and your acquaintances' attitudes about certain points when you are communicating to someone else who may be seeking information.

rodrigo
2000 A4 1.8T QMSB Silver/Onyx
(future A4 3.0 coupe)
Old 06-13-2001, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Should I get the A4 now or wait?

Hey, I am in the same boat as you. I have driven the current model A4. I think that I am going to wait it out until the new model comes out. I like the idea of more performance. They say the new look is awful, well, I thought that at first and let me tell you, I really really want it now. I am sure that the price will increase a bit, but with the way that the economy is, go for it. I know for a fact that I will be ordering mine in Mid-August. I just hope that my '88 Honda Accord with 170,000 can make it until then. I hope that this helps you out. If you wanna email me about your concerns and whatnot, please do so at: matthew_miller43615@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: Should I get the A4 now or wait?