A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Snowboard question please advice:

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snowboard question please advice:

Hi Guys,
I need new bindings for my board,
which one would u recomend, the price is not a problem I want to have one of the best.

Back to Audi topic, who said that Quattro can;t spin all 4 wheels.)) We opened the season in Killington, wasnt so bad for the first time.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ivan....being in the snowboard business a long time.............

the best and most reliable bindings are Burton bindings. Look into the Burton Mission...or the Custom Freestyle (these two are the best for the money). Drake bindings are also good.....but i'd go with the Burton's, and i've ridden every type of binding there is, and keep comming back to them. You just can't beat the adjustability and versatility of them ;-) Oh, how was Killington, i bet it must have been good with the 6 inches they got on Friday plus the cold weather. I was there last Sunday and it was good...and i'll be up there again next weekend =) Jackson
Old 11-03-2002, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Snowboard question please advice:

If you are looking for the top quality one than Flow Carbon is the best, it cost about $350.
I have the Burton c14 and personally i think they are one of the best because they provide good handling and durability.

are u a beginner boarder or an advanced?
If you are a beginner than you should look into step in bindings for easier movement.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have Burton Custom, But I want something better,

I am looking at Burton P1HD CFX or C14, I am not sure what to get.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:47 PM

if you are looking at burton than get the c14 i have those. they are great
Old 11-03-2002, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default paying $350 for a pair of bindings is just plain stupid..........

I had a pair of the Burton C14's.....but i didn't pay $300 for them, i got the hook ups...but comming from someone who used to own a retail snowboard shop and selling all these bindings...you should never pay more than $175ish for a pair of bindings, even top of the line carbon fiber ones.....it's simply not justified with the amount of difference/performance you'll get for the average (beginner to even expert) rider. Don't get me wrong.....i loved those C14's cuz they were one of the lightest ****'s around...but again, not worth the extra $130 or so.....go with the Burton Mission's, see if you can get a pair from last season discounted ;-)
Old 11-03-2002, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ivan...you want stiffer, lighter, or both? what kinda riding do you do....

and what is it that you don't like about the Custom Freestyle? The C14 was nice cuz it was so light...but the key thing ws that the hi-back was stiff...so it was total heelside edging at an instant. I liked them in the pipe...but didn't like them as much just freeriding around. The Drake Limited is nice too...but it depends on what you're looking for? =)
Old 11-03-2002, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It is going to be my second season, I am trying tricks and staff,but more like Freeriding.

But I want something nice, the problem with mine is that I have some pain after riding with them, on the top of my foot, seems like is something with the bindings.
What are u thinking about P1 HD i can get pair for around $220.
Old 11-03-2002, 04:04 PM

Default burtons are ALWAYS good.

I rode some of the top of the line forums last year and they were quite nice as well.

the k2 magma v12 or whatever it is looks really nice as well.
Old 11-03-2002, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default pain on the foot is usually one of two things....either your boot itself...or the strap......

sometimes the strap and the way it tightens when you click down over your boot might be off, or wrong and cause pain on your foot. Changing a strap might fix that, it has for a lot of my friends. Then again, sometimes it's the boot. What kinda boots? Burtons? The PH1 HD's looks really nice...haven't ridden those, but the straps seem real comfortable. Those might be your answer ;-) My feet hurt when i strap down really hard to ride pipe cuz i click it sooo tight...and put sooo much forward lean on the high-backs...but i've gotten used to it. Your feet sometimes build up that stress fatigue endurance...and you'll be ablre to take more and more as you ride over the years. In any case.....go witht he P1's.....they look so nice =)

Quick Reply: Snowboard question please advice: