A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

so I just started watching Street of Legend(Quattro Noza)...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default You have something to say? AND NO I didn't own that car.

To set the record straight, I was looking on AW for an A4 owner who wanted a free turbo kit in exchange for some movie time. At the time, I had a 1997 A4 Q with a Stage III kit utlizing the MTM Manifold and a custom K26/T04e that I had customized by Turbonetics, 3-piece Oettinger wheels, and was sponsored by Nitto Tire. The director was a friend and got the idea of using an A4 from my experiences. We used to hang out back in the day and he knew me as someone who always had Audis. We went out one night in my A4 and I took him to 150 mph. He then pulled his camera out and shot that. My car was already hooked up but I decided that I would help my Director friend with finding a car to use. So since we didn't find anyone here on AW, I talked to a friend of mine who was interested in donating his car. They director purchased the MTM manifold and K26/T04e from me and I installed it in the new A4. From that point, because the movie took years to complete, that car was no longer available. He had sold it or changed it up so that it was no longer suitable for the role in the movie. The director and I went out and purchased an A4 and I had one month to customize it to replicate my original '97. PES sponsored the turbo kit and I installed it, along with the body kit, coilovers, etc.

There is a scene in the movie in which there is a shot of the road taken from the door of my '01 TT as its driving onto the freeway. That was in the opening scene. We hung out again one night and while in my TT I got pulled over by a cop because he didn't like the idea of my car driving around at 1am in the morning in the Hollywood area. To be a *****, he gives me a ticket for tinted windows. Also when the A4 spins out into the dirt. The car with the HID headlights on, is again, my TT. That's about as far as it goes for my contribution.