A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Some people....

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some people....

Went and saw the midnight Harry Potter...five theatres full of people for the 12:01 showing tonight. Anyway, after the movie, we were waiting in the parking spot for somebody to let me in (their were a bunch of people!!!) and these three teenagers were parked next to my car and were out smoking and stuff. Anyway, the girl opens her door and literally SWINGS it open, not even trying to stop it and it smacks right into the side of my car. I sat in my car for a second debating my options...then i got out and yelled at her like their was no tomorrow. She just stood their and took it, and her boyfriend who was smoking just sat their too. I wasn't lookin for a fight or anything, i was more concerned w/ my car (thank gosh, no damage). I am just venting
Old 06-04-2004, 03:00 AM

Default god......

i just hate that....
Old 06-04-2004, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Heh kids, probably on X so yelling wouldn't even have mattered...lol

Is it just me or does everyone at the grocery store have to park near an Audi, I swear I park way out to avoid dings but always find some damn bimmer or ricer out next to mine.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:23 AM

Default happened to me last night

Parked a little furthur out than normal. No cars where I had parked, but as soon as I came out a pimped out civic parked right next to my car.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:45 AM

Default I sometimes wonder what people think

Especially when they hit your car while you're sitting in it. I was parked on the side of the street one day waiting to pick my gf when I see this car start to back up towards me. I was near the end of the street so I guess this guy wanted to get at close to me as possible. Well needless to say he ended up backing right into me while I'm sitting in my running car. That's when I gave him the courteous beep and middle finger. He turned around, looked at me and took off. No damage was done. You'd think these people would at least wait for you to get out of your car before they decide to give it a couple of beauty marks.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default My story's even better. . .

I had *just* picked up my Passat, and was taking it to a local DIY car wash. The place also has a gas station, and if the car wash lines are long, traffic around the pumps gets confusing.

So, I pull in, and stop off to the side with plenty of room to wait for an empty wash bay. There's an old man sitting at one of the pumps in a big Amurrrrican car. The gas station attendant sees me sitting, and starts walking over to ask what I'm waiting for.

The poor kid gets halfway over to my car when disaster struck. Or, should I say, the old man in the big sedan struck. He had started to back diagonally away from the pump, and was headed directly for my car. The kid became the filling layer of a 2-car sandwich.

As he saw the car approach, he began waving and yelling and backing out of the way, but BUMP! he was knocked over. At that point, I began pounding on my horn. Of course, the old fart was compeltely oblivious to all this - he simply continued slowly pottering backwards, until his rear bumper came to rest against my driver's side door. grrrr!

Luckily, he didn't roll over the attendant, or I imagine things could have been worse.

The whole thing felt like one of those slow-motion scenes in a movie. I guess that's because, well, it happened in slow motion. I don't think the old fart ever broke .000002 mph during the whole event. Plenty of time for me and the kid to get out of the way, right? Well, I was blocked in and couldn't move, and I guess the kid just figured that the guy would see him.

Fortunately, there was no damage done to my car. Well, it did get a bit dented, but it popped right out. The car was a B3 Passat with those monster-sized big black bump strips on the lower halves of the doors, and I guess they did their job.