A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

someone PLEASE help me! i cant go without music!!! cd changer probs!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2001, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone PLEASE help me! i cant go without music!!! cd changer probs!

okay, i havent touched ANYTHING and no cd is jammed...but today i put in some new cd's in my changer, and went out for the night like i always do...anyway so i attempted to play one of my cd's and guess what? cd-error!!! on every cd and every track! let me explain further, no cd is jamed, and i can take the cd's out just fine they eject with the touch of the eject button...i can even hear them loading, and in the car on the display it says "cd 1 load" "cd 2 load", etc like it normally does...BUT i select any cd to play the track and when it should be playing the track it goes CD-ERROR and goes to the next cd and does the same thing. when i put the cd on too i can select track, but if i were to hit back one track from track 1, it goes to track 99, when the cd may only have a couple tracks...the radio and tape player work fine!!! help!!! what is wrong please say there is e-z fix i need my cd's!! also i cant hear my cd-player switching cd-s like normal from inside the car like i usually can if this means anything...take it to dealer? or is there easy fix! email me please if u need further info hydra@flinet.com or aim hydra927...THANKS!
i have a 99 audi a4 1.8tfwd, with stock stereo!