A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

speeding ticket. Do I still get points if I got it in jersey in live in PA?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

speeding ticket. Do I still get points if I got it in jersey in live in PA?
Old 07-24-2001, 06:02 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Not likely.

I got a ticket over three years ago in NJ. My insurance agent isn't very good about checking for points on my license, but he usually will if I make a change to my policy, file a claim, added another driver, etc. Last year, I sold my old car, and added the Audi to my policy. I would have thought he would have checked. At that point in time, the ticket was less than three years previous, so if the points were there, I would think he would have found them. This is not a guarantee, just my guess based on my experience.
Old 07-24-2001, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default When I lived in MD and got a PA ticket

it transferred to MD as an "infraction" and I received one point for it. Mine you this was for a 92 in a 55, which I just paid since it would cost more to drive to court and lost work. My insurance company only saw infraction as well, and couldn't get any more information.
Old 07-24-2001, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

In MI if the state touches ours, the points transfer.
Old 07-24-2001, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Similar in Ohio

2 Tickets in Indiana transferred points.
Old 07-24-2001, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Quite possibly

It really comes down to the two states in question, but in the past few years, I've gotten speeding tickets in PA and Delaware, and both showed up on my driving record in VA. Points were assessed as if it happened in VA.

You cannot go by whether or not it affects your insurance. The state DMV is who keeps track of your record and assigns the points. Whether or not this affects your insurance is up to the insurance agent, but they are not required to adjust policy based on tickets. I've been with the same agent for 10+ years and he's never adjusted my rates based on my driving record, and believe me, there's been enough activity in 10 years to get his attention. Luckily, no claims for which I have been at fault.

Years and years ago, there was not as much cooperation between the states on things like this. But with the computerization of all record-keeping, it's become ever so easy for the states to trade info of this sort. In fact, in VA, they take your license photo and keep a digital copy on file. I noticed on the VA DMV website that you can order a photo id over the net. No need to show up for the pic... they've got it on file.
Old 07-24-2001, 06:12 AM

is the APR one in it now? if so, how was it on the drive on saturday?
Old 07-24-2001, 06:14 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Yes, but that's not a rule. For instance, points in OH, do NOT xfer to PA.

Not sure about points in PA xfering to OH, but I have no reason to care either...I live in PA!
Old 07-24-2001, 06:18 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Yes. Saturday's drive was awesome, but

I've got some rubbing, so I had to take it easy. Halfway through the drive my secondary air injection solenoid went south, and now my car sounds like an old VW! :-(...in addition to which it there seems to be a boost leak under heavy load (I think it's probably linked to that solenoid somehow).

I should have the coilovers installed on Aug 3rd, and this other matter cured within a couple weeks.

You're not thinking of trading up to a 1.8T are you? ;-)
Old 07-24-2001, 06:19 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

All too true! :-(

Quick Reply: speeding ticket. Do I still get points if I got it in jersey in live in PA?