A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Standard seats need work

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-1999, 06:15 AM
Saint Viper

Default Standard seats need work

I've got an A4 1.8TQ. When I got it I couldn't find one with the sports package, but figured I didn't need it since it's for the wife. Anyway, I've got the leatherette seats which look great, but I just can't seem to get the position right. The bottom of the seat is very flat and almost seems tipped forward. It seems designed for a 300lb person with very short legs. I'm a little taller and lighter than that. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to tip the base of the seat back a little. I think that would solve my problem. There is not adjustment on the seat for it. I don't want to get new seats because I got the winter pkg and paid extra for heated seats. I'm thinking I can just put some washers under the front seat bolts, but is this safe?
Old 09-17-1999, 06:40 AM
Robr

Default Re: Standard seats need work

What color are your seats. I have a set of Black heated seats. The drivers seat has been modified buy a welder who builds custom race cars, he raised the front seat frame approx. one inch. I also purchased a seat back from Clair motors that has the lumbar support option and had it installed by an interior shop. The person also built up the front of the seat with additional foam. The seat is very supportive and provides a good driving position. I recently replaced the front seats with leather seats from a 2.8. If you are interested, I will sell you the front seats.
Old 09-17-1999, 06:40 AM
Drew S.

Default That's my biggest peeve about the manual seats.

I agree. The seat bottom cushion is too flat and almost tilted forward. You feel like you're going to slide off of the seat. I don't have a solution for the problem. If you modify yours with washers, let us know how it works out.

I have a power drive's seat in my 2.8, and you would love the adjustability of it, but I hate sitting in my passenger seat because it is manual, with no adjustment for tilt of the bottom cushion.
Old 09-17-1999, 06:51 AM
Saint Viper

Mine are grey, thanks anyway. BTW, How much?
Old 09-17-1999, 07:13 AM
Robr

Default Re: Mine are grey, thanks anyway. BTW, How much?

Have over $500 invested, and will take $350.00 for both seats.