A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Starting the 10th week....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2000, 09:43 AM
MikeS

Default Starting the 10th week....

that our A4 1.8Tqs has been at the dealer waiting for parts due to an airbag sensor failure. Audi customer service has been polite but of no help what-so-ever. The car is 15 months old and therfore exceeds the age covered by our states lemon law. Any hints at what legal action may be taken? Great car, p**s poor customer support!
Old 02-04-2000, 06:39 PM
John Davies

Default I would politely and firmly request (more)

that the dealer find you a serviceable used part from a salvage yard and install it in your car until the new part arrives and can be installed, or else they should prepare for litigation.

10 weeks is about 2 months too long for me. I would have raised hell a _long_ time ago. Personal phone calls and letters to Audi are in order here, as well as to the owner of the dealership, and maybe to a consumer action reporter for the local news station if things don't improve rapidly.

The threat of a little bad publicity will do wonders for your dealer's helpfulness.

I assume they are providing you with a rental car free of charge?
Old 02-04-2000, 09:11 PM
MikeS

Default Re: I would politely and firmly request (more)

I make daily calls to the service manager, he at least takes my calls or returns them within reasonable time...hasn't helped gert the parts. Have talked to Audi Customer service four times. Each time they promise a return phone call with a delivery date for the part, return phone calls don't happen. Today was the first time anyone from Audi USA called. Had no news, but were polite enough to ask about THE ACCIDENT (their was no accident!) this is warrenty work. Next steps are writting letters, posting messages on this board and coontacting an attorney. Even if the part came in today, as a minimum I want Audi to reimburse us for three months payments and some compensation for ninety days of depreciation.
Old 02-04-2000, 09:21 PM
DavidST

Default Re: Starting the 10th week....

I had a 94 BMW 325is brand new which had some paint problems took two visits to the body shop about 8 days total. I spoke with the BMW dealership I bought if from and BMW sent out a rep. They credited me one month of payment and were very nice about it. Now that was only for about two weeks of not having the car. My god I am so surprised at Audi's lack of support for the time out of service.
Good luck.