A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Story time, kids. Time for, "The insane BMW driver" or "How I learned to hate a 525"

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Story time, kids. Time for, "The insane BMW driver" or "How I learned to hate a 525"

Ok. I've had a bad enough day as is. 9 hours of non stop idiots. So, I'm glad to get the hell outta dodge and hop into the audi to drive home.

So. Ok...here we go. I hop on the highway and there is a 525i (older....early 90's or so) in front of me. I noticed it cause it was white and had some really sweet euro headlights (all clear), and it had a zebra-pattern license plate holder.

So, on the hiway, the guy's still in front, and....suprize suprize...he's trying to push his nose thru the left lane campers. I just chill cause I'm not in a hurry to get home, I'm just enjoying the fact that I'm driving.

I adhere to my standard "Autobahn rules" driving (stick to the right most lane, except when to pass...etc etc etc) which does indeed get me further in line (notice how no one ever uses the right most lane anymore?)

So anyhoo...traffic comes my way so I manage my way to the center lane to pass, and I see two round headlights come from the left lane and he comes right up my ***. I'm going faster than the lone van which is cloggin up the left lane behind me, so I figured "Ok, he's gonna whip it over to the left lane and drive off, no problem....let these idiots have their way and they won't bother you"

Well, he doesn't do the typical pissed Floridian move and decides to ride my *** for about a quarter mile, even tho the passing lane is open (still traffic on the right). Then.....and oh, this is rich, he starts blinking me. Ok...so I hazard light him to acknowledge his blinking (thought maybe he was a fan of audi or something, no biggie). But then...he just leaves them on.

"****ing idiot" I think, so I pull into the left lane to pass the traffic in front of me so I can ditch this ***. Lo and behold, he turns with me, brights still on.

Ok. I don't deserve this. I deal with idiots as a living. The last thing I want is an idiot with his brights on behind me. And have that idiot be some sort of wacko BMW driver (like that's a shocker). So I pull ahead (thank you APR) and he's about 10 cars behind me and he starts blinking his lights.

Ok...so I tuck back into traffic to the right and continue to advance on. Cue more left-lane campers. Traffic goes on, I manage my self into the passing lane to pass a line of cars and right after I finish passing and am going into the right lane. As I'm returning back to the proper lane, I see the same round headlights (brights off now) weaving in and out of backed up traffic. A minute later this guy is back up on my *** in the right lane blinking his lights.

"Ok...time to toast this ****er". I move. I move ***. thankfully there was no traffic in front of me, so I gas it. I won't tell you how fast I was going or for how long, but needless to say, he was outta sight. I didn't see those headlights anymore, so I figured he had to make and exit.

Ok. One ******* gone. Time to head out to wal-mart for something to eat.

I park. Crazy BMW driver starting to fade from memory.

I come to the grocery entrance to Wally World and I see a White 5-series bmw at the door, dropping off a passenger.

"naaaahhh...this guy was gone. Weird coincidence". So I come up to the front driver side and begin to wonder. So.....I walk around the car and see it's a 525i.....with....a....zebra plate frame.

Oh....how the hell did this happen?

The driver was oblivious to me walking behind his car, so I continue my circle and come back to the driver side front. I whip out my audi lanyard, display it proudly in his windshield, mouth the words "**** you" and flip him off.

The look....priceless. Oh god, the look.

I walk away with a smirk and into wal-mart. I stop while inside to catch him pulling into the parking lot.

"****." I thought.

So I walk to the other entrance/exit of wal-mart and exit back out to the parking to see that he's parked close to the entrance, right at the door....waiting.

I walk around the outer edge of the lot, get in my car (5 cars down the road from where he was watching the door, mind you) and drive off, honking at him as I passed by.

Again....the look....priceless.

So, I go home. With no broken bones, and a non-keyed car. Damn, whatta night.

Ok, I'm done.
Old 07-21-2001, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He would have not chased you anyway because his passenger was inside.
Old 07-21-2001, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default exactly. That's why I left then...

But I didn't want to leave out of the exit he was guarding for fear of physical contact.
Old 07-21-2001, 07:22 PM

Do they sell baseball bats at WalMart? ;-)
Old 07-21-2001, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default hehe.

The last thing I wanted to do was talk to this guy. He was an ******* on the road...image in real life.

:P
Old 07-21-2001, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Baseba.....They sell SHOTGUNS! :}
Old 07-21-2001, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

see: Wal-Mart.
Old 07-21-2001, 07:29 PM

Default Bet he'd of raised a few eyebrows as he...

...took it out of the box on the way to the door. He'd have raised 1 pair for sure! ;-)
Old 07-21-2001, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default baaaaaaaahahahahah

that would have been worth the cost of a bat!
Old 07-21-2001, 07:31 PM

Default Never be afraid.....

If you allready said **** you straight into his Face then you should have just acted cool and walked out the front door,he doesn't know you,so he doesn't know what kind of a Psycho you are,he was probably thinking that if you have the ***** to tell him to **** him self,than you probably have the ***** to stand up to him....

**** him he's an idiot,i hat it when people are in my *** while i'm driving,in situations like that i love to slam on my Brakes!

D.

Quick Reply: Story time, kids. Time for, "The insane BMW driver" or "How I learned to hate a 525"