A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Straight exhaust into a Remus

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-1999, 09:41 AM
Jon L

Wish I could print it - My local dealer said "What's an S4?" Serious!!
Old 07-02-1999, 08:22 PM
John

Default Straight exhaust into a Remus

Anyone tried removing the center muffler and running straight pipe into a rear Remus muffler? I have a Remus rear on my A4 1.8T with a Tap stage 1. The exhaust is still fairly restricted. Greedspeed told me today that this is a viable option and doesn't make the exhaust too loud. Opinions?
Old 07-02-1999, 10:31 PM
JC Mendoza

Default IT is an aoption but..... (read on)

I have an Oettinger Rear muffler which is made by remus only diffrence is that it is Stainless. I noticed that the car is still restrictive not to mention dead quiet. i decided to cut out the resonator and slap a pipe in its place. i had it doen and after that i had nothing but problems. the exhaust note was nice but when crusing at around 60-80mph there is a loud resonance in the cabin i could not even apreciate my Bose system any more. It also makes the car sould like those honda's.<p>I ended up purchasing a Sebring muffler and had it installed in place of the cut out section. the power is still there but the noise is reduced by 90% it is very quiet with a very very muted deep rumble. the engin growls more but the sound is not obtrusive. i would replace my sebring with a glass pack to get some of the sound back but i think what i got is good enough.<p>I would recomend to have some one make you a <br>3" cat back into a sebring muffler then into your Remus that would provide good power and possibly a nicer exhaust tone. i am considering this my self problem is i would like to sell my existing seebring? are you interested?<p>asking 300 for the seebring including the pipeing if you are in So Cal we can meet up and i can install it in about 2 hours time.<p>JC M.<p>
Old 07-03-1999, 05:17 AM
Cris

Do a forum search for &quot;Resonator&quot; and/or &quot;Remus&quot;