A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Those with 2000's o order, when do you expect your cars?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-1999, 04:50 PM
Gatsby

Those with 2000's o order, when do you expect your cars?
Old 09-21-1999, 05:10 PM
mness

mid-november (ordered mid-august)
Old 09-21-1999, 05:14 PM
Gatsby

Default Re: what I'm really trying to figure out is if my dealer was BS-ing when he told me late Sept.

or early October. I've since called to find out if I will have to wait till Nov. but have gotten NO calls back.
Old 09-21-1999, 08:55 PM
JasonB

'00 1.8tqms Avant ordered ~6/20, build wk 38 (this wk), dlr says delivery in 4 or 5 wks
Old 09-21-1999, 10:10 PM
JR

Ordered early June/ Should dock 9/24 for delivery in early Oct. 1.8t QMS
Old 09-22-1999, 12:00 AM
Owen

Ordered end of May, should be here first part of Oct.
Old 09-22-1999, 04:45 AM
Paco

Default Re: '00 1.8tqms Avant ordered ~6/20, build wk 38 (this wk), dlr says delivery in 4 or 5 wks

Let us know when you get a VIN please. I ordered an Avant before you and my dealer tells me they aren't making avants yet and he doesn't have a build week yet, only a month(October). I'm wondering if I'm gettin snowed.
Old 09-22-1999, 04:52 AM
Mark P (LONG)

Default have you asked to see the printout with your car on it?

I ordered 8/7/99 and the following Monday he told me that he made the changes on a car that was pre-production to match my options. Some time later (after I set up an e-fax number) I had him fax me the sheet that has all of their expected cars. When he changed the options to make it mine, he also associated my name with the car, and sure enough it showed up on that sheet. At this point the car did not have a production week assigned. THIS MAY BE A CRUCIAL AREA. So, after prices were released, I went in to see my dealer on a weekend to get a better copy of my printout (the original fax that he sent me was pretty unreadable, due to photocopying a dot matrix printout and then faxing) and to go over pricing. As these printouts get updated every week, this one had my scheduled production week #38 on it.

1.) I urge you to check with your dealer to see if he has the prod week for your car.

2.) The CRUCIAL part I mentioned above deals with this question: How does Audi decide when they will make a specific car (well color, trans, bodystyle - other options can change) and how do they decide when it will be made for a particluar dealer. Some variations will get made first and some will get made later, and depending on quantity of that variation, when will your dealer see one of them. I'm getting a Silver 1.8T Quattro Sedan, which is quite common so perhaps my wait is not as long as he who orders a 1.8T Brilliant Yellow FWD. Also others will be getting Silver 1.8T Quattro Sedan's before me because they have a larger dealer who is getting a bigger shipment, or something to that effect.

so I babbled, I'm trying to figure this out myself as I type. Definately call your dealer (stop in on him if you're local enough - even if he's not there the sales mgr can show you your car on their production sheet) and figure out when your car is scheduled for production.

One last thing, when you ordered your car, (I believe) the dealer could only guess when it would be made since '00 A4's didn't have prod dates yet. It could have been made in the first week or a few weeks later. He would have had to base it on your major features that can't be changed (color, engine, trans, drive, bodystyle) and guess how soon that would be made.

And as a salesman, he going to hedge his guess to earlier rather than later so you are comfortable buying the car. After you've waited a month+ and then realize it will be longer, you're probably not going to decide against the purchase.

Mark P
Old 09-22-1999, 05:31 AM
dB

Default Was your order a change of an existing dealer order or brand new?

Mine order was a chang of an existing order. I wonder if it makes any difference?
Old 09-22-1999, 06:08 AM
TobyK

Build week 37, due in mid to late October.

Quick Reply: Those with 2000's o order, when do you expect your cars?