A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

For those who have painted their lowers...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those who have painted their lowers...

I'm thinking about painting all the lower trim. I have a few questions, however.

A few people have mentioned that they got their supplies from paintscratch.com. How much paint was necessary to do front and back bumper trim plus the sides? It's kind of expensive and I don't want to buy too much ... but I also don't want to come up short. Additionally, I assume the primer is necessary but want to make sure.

Also, what is the general consensus on spraying vs. brushing the paint? Spraying seems like it opens the door to countless other problems, while brushing seems ... well, it just seems sketchy to brush paint on a car. I mean, it's a car, not a friggin' chair.

I'd also like to hear some advice and/or recommendations for doing this. It seems like a good little DIY mod, especially for me since there is a zero percent chance that I'll ever spring for a body kit. I'm thinking that once I paint the lower trim and finish my upcoming suspension project, the car will look pretty sweet without spending thousands of dollars on RS4 bumpers, side skirts, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!!