A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Took delivery Friday -- my first impressions (and a really, *really* long story)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-1999, 04:35 PM
Gordon Martin

Default I concur - manual says two and it works for the trunk - but you know manuals (more)

I had to run outside and try this!<p>Just opened the driver's door with one click and...<p>Voila! the gas lid can open too.<p>Hey Vik, what does AFAIK mean?<p>P.S. thanks for the comments on the off-road thread.
Old 04-26-1999, 05:53 PM
G. Hale

LOL at work too.... Glad I'm the only one in here. :-)
Old 04-26-1999, 06:15 PM
Andy Hedin

AFAIK = As Far As I Know
Old 04-26-1999, 06:31 PM
markbradford

Default Exact same thing happened to me on Saturday; and door speakers (more)

In my haste to get some seat time in my new (also volcano black) 99.5 I neglected to read the manual and ripped the car apart looking for a release button. Oh well, now I know.<br>I agree with you on all of the pros and cons of the car too, especially the sunroof resonance and the door speakers. I don't think I'm going to go for the added expense of new door panels or major surgery - I priced the Quart 5 1/4 component set today - hopefully that'll be sufficient.<br>Keep us posted on your sound solutions.<br>Mark
Old 04-26-1999, 06:39 PM
Rhema

Default What's wrong with your Audi dealer? They're supposed to give you a demo of the A4 before you take delivery.

i got a 30 min tutorial on the functions, switches, buttons, etc. on my A4 after I signed the papers. Much of it was redundant because I learned a lot from this Web site, but it covered the "little things" that everyone either forgets, or doesn't know about. I think it's worth the time to sit through because this car ain't no WYSIWYG Toyota or Honda.<p>
Old 04-26-1999, 06:43 PM
Rhema

oh, btw... congrats on the car. don't play too roughly now :-)
Old 04-27-1999, 03:25 AM
Ryan

Hahaha! thanks for the story, needed a good laugh here at work )
Old 04-27-1999, 06:02 AM
Don S

Default Re: Gosh, its that darn sunroof (grin)

Got the same thing with my 89 Mazda 626 and wifes<br>97 Saab 900. Gotta crack the rear window a bit. Just the laws of physics at work I guess. All that air coming in has got to have a place to exit.<p>Getting an Avant (soon), of course with a sunroof.
Old 04-27-1999, 06:46 AM
Drew S.

Default There's a long plastic "pin" in the tool kit. You have to use that to push the fuel door open!

HaHaHA!<p>Great story!<br>
Old 04-27-1999, 08:04 AM
vik

Default Confirmation -- manual says two but one works. Go figure...

You're welcome, Gordon! :-)<p><br>-vik

Quick Reply: Took delivery Friday -- my first impressions (and a really, *really* long story)