A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Top Ten Rreasons why Honda Oowners Hate Audi \ VW Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2000, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, for #3, the sentence could read: "The Honda Civic is NOT a serious sportscar"...heh
Old 10-18-2000, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default A couple comments....

You forget the NSX. Perhaps the world's most livable exotic, th car is famous for being a bargain for what you get. It is a head turner that most people do not know is a Honda. (or Acura in North America).

Honda/Acura also produced the Legend, which gives serious competition to Audi's (comparing similar years, the Audi's aren't even competition). The 2nd generation Legend is a VERY nice car. 10 years old and it neither looks nor feels old. I have two (90 and 91) with 197k and 163k miles on them, respectively. Both are running strong and regularly cruise above 100mph. In the '91, passengers are often suprised when they look at the speedo and see the needle on the left. The car rides that well. Also, for a 3600lb beast, it handles.

A counter to the factory turbo point would be that Honda engines put out the same power w/o turbos. A counter to that would be that Audi's at least don't have motorcycle engines in them.

For #3, most people don't think of Audis as serious sportscars either. It would have been great if the A4 had a more agressive look, ala the M3.

Rename the list to "Top Ten Reasons why Rice-boys hate Audi/VW Owners" and then most of your points are correct.
Old 10-18-2000, 10:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like #4 nothing more degrading than lawnmowers sharing the same marque as your car
Old 10-18-2000, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Please explain to me the Vaginal front grille comment...it's simply lost on me I guess?
Old 10-18-2000, 11:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The counter to your same HP w/o a turbo is that the Honda couldn't make torque to save its life...

HP is simply a byproduct of torque at a given engine speed...so if you balance your engine well and it can rev to 7000~8000 RPM even a marginal amount of torque will make for respectable HP figures...what makes for brisk acceleration is high torque at low RPMS...or stated another way high HP at low engine speeds.

Hondas suck when it comes to low end grunt...

Regards,

James R.

2001 A4 1.8TQMSXP (Oettinger Pedals, Oettinger RE's 17x8 Yoko AVS Sports 225/45/R17, Euro Xenon Housings, Bailey BPV and RS4 Grille)
Old 10-19-2000, 12:46 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default The infamous torque vs hp debate...

With a lightweight car, after a point torque becomes irrelevant. If Audis dropped a few pounds, you'd probably want to be trading torque for HP. This is why F1 cars don't use deisel.

The total lack of torque of Hondas really kills them off the line. It's kind of sad to see Honda building cars with motorycle engines in them. Sure, it's nice to rev into oblivion, but that should done out of race car envy,not necessity.
Old 10-19-2000, 04:24 AM
Elder Member

Default Re: Please explain to me the Vaginal front grille comment...it's simply lost on me I guess?

<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/news/00/rosemeyer/index.html">https://www.audiworld.com/news/00/rosemeyer/index.html</a</li></ul>
Old 10-19-2000, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default We could debate this for a long time, but...

Honda makes a great product. They make a much better transmission than Audi, standard or automatic, and bring the NSX into the States...no RS-4. I think people overlook how great a product honda brings to the table. I think the fact that they make other products like motorcyles and lawnmovers isn't bad thing. I haven't heard an anti BMW comment because they make motorcyles, although there are plenty of anti BMW comments posted on a daily basis. Again, like the chip shootout debates, i don't care what number my car puts out, or the dyno it produces. I car about the street performance. What I feel when i drive it. That being said I have nothing bad to say about Hondas. I've owned two for a combiuned toal of 300,000 miles and not a single problem. I never thought the power was lacking. I do prefer my A4 for bringing a more complete package:AWD, tunability, luxory.
Old 10-19-2000, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

HA! Touché
Old 10-19-2000, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yea, it should read why Rice Boys hate Audis

Quick Reply: Top Ten Rreasons why Honda Oowners Hate Audi \ VW Owners...