A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Trusted shops in Chapel Hill area?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-1999, 03:59 PM
Dan K.

Default Trusted shops in Chapel Hill area?

Where can I go to get my springs and shocks swapped out in the Chapel Hill, NC area?<p>Thanks<br>Dan
Old 06-21-1999, 04:48 PM
David White

Default some ideas.....

There are several shops in the triangle area that could probably do the work, but i wouldnt just take to the average garage and let them do it!!! but thats just me!!<p>You can try Sturdivants (sp?) in chapel hill....ask for Oscar White....they do alignments, and i'm not sure if they do suspension work anymore but it is worth a shot....Oscar has many years of experience with suspension work and autoXing/track driving.......He might be able to reccomend a shop if they dont do suspension work anymore.<p>Also, try Krause and England (ask for Peter Krause)...they are a race shop in raleigh, off of hwy 70 (glenwood ave) and they installed coilovers on my A4...they know there stuff when it comes to setting up suspensions!! They might be a little more expensive, but they are extremely thurough and came HIGHLY reccomended from everyone i know!<p>Another place is Mcnair Performance (Grover Mcnair), also in raleigh off of hwy 70..i think they specialize in mazdas but i have heard good things about them too....<p>if i had to pick one, it would be Krause and England...i have personal experience with them and i was very pleased!! They specialize in italian cars...and i figured, if they were trusted to work on Ferraris and Lambo's (i have seen several in there shop!) then i could probably trust them with my baby...call them up and then go by there and talk to them for a while, you'll see how enthusiastic they are about this stuff (especially Peter Krause)!!!<p>Good luck with your upgrade!!<p>Feel free to email me if you have any more questions!!<p>David White<br>98 2.8qm (H&R coilovers)
Old 06-22-1999, 11:18 AM
Rich Quinlan

I second that for Krause &amp; England.. top-quality!