A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

TT rims on an A4?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-1999, 10:04 PM
sheesh

Default TT rims on an A4?

Can you fit the six spoke TT rims onto a 2.8?

And are these the same rims used on the new S4?

Finally, are these rims usually made available as an option from the local Audi dealer?

Thanks
Old 09-04-1999, 10:52 PM
Lawrence L.

Default Re: TT rims on an A4?

I'm sure you can fit the TT rims on a 2.8 I've seen up to 18" rims on the 2.8.

No, the TT rims are not the same. The S4's rims are derived from the Audi Avus (concept car)

I doubt that these rims are available from dealers, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. I'm interested in a 2000 1.8T and thinking of upping the 15" rims
Old 09-04-1999, 11:18 PM
Warren Wang

Default Re: TT rims on an A4?

You can't put the TT rims on an A4, different drill pattern.

Technically you can put S4 rims on an A4, but you may need spacers, and no they're not the same as the TT rims.

Warren
Old 09-05-1999, 03:13 AM
ChuckH

Default Another vote for NO and NO! TT...

...shares it's platform with VW Beetle, Golf and Jetta. THey have a different bolt pattern than the A4 and Passat. And they are slightly different than the S4 wheels. The YES would be that you should be able to get any of these wheels at the dealer. Problem is, the dealer will rob you! I wouldn't be surprised if they are charging $800 a piece for the S4 wheels! :-(

Charles
Old 09-05-1999, 04:55 AM
KLHI

Default no and no, and some explanations (more)

In short, <B>no</B>.

<I>Can you fit the six spoke TT rims onto a 2.8?
And are these the same rims used on the new S4?
</I>
No. The S4 uses 17" 6-spoke (yes, the wheels sound the same so far but here is where the difference come) <B>Avus Stlye</B> wheels with a <B>different bolt pattern</B>. Granted, the TT's 6-spoke wheels (which are, by the way, optional equipment - part of the performance package along with xenon lights. They replace 16" 5-spoke wheels which are, needless to say, NOT the same as the A4's 16" 5-spoke wheels as they have a different style, bolt pattern, finish, etceteras) may look somewhat similar even boast the same specs (17" 6-spoke wheel), but they are a <I>different wheel</I> In spite of their different bolt pattern, they <B>will not</B> on your 2.8 (or mine, for that matter) or, for that matter, on any car based on the A4's platform (the A4 - every model, not just the 2.8, A6, and VW Passat).

<I>Finally, are these rims usually made available as an option from the local Audi dealer?

</I>Officially, no. Unnoficially, an essential yes. With enough money, someone could ask the dealer to order the TT 17" rims, to add tires, and to fit the package to your car. Of course, this would be rather expensive. Wheels ordered from the factory are rather pricey. I'd be a better bet to try and get a used pair from either someone who replaced his/her factory wheels with aftermarket ones or do the same, if indirectly. Many wheel extablishments, including Ronal Wheels, offer to buy wheels from people to re-sell them. With Ronal, Gary (posts as "Gary @ Ronal", but I wanted to avoid that repetetiveness) posts in the Wheel and Tire forum with a message like, "I have four used Audi OEM 16" 5-spoke wheels. used for 5,00 miles" or something like that. Of course, all this is irrelivant for you (and me, for that matter) because TT wheels do not fit onto the A4. The bolt pattern is different. The TT uses the same pattern used on VW's Golf/Jetta/New Bettle/Bora platform whereas the A4 uses the bolt pattern on VW's A6/A4/Passat platform.

<I>
Thanks
</I>

Why, sheesh, you are most welcome. (anyone notice the pun?)

KLHI
klhi@ibm.net
99.0 2.8 QM Melange/Onyx Cloth