A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Two Items- obscure Audi part numbers and opinion on lower grill

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 07:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Items- obscure Audi part numbers and opinion on lower grill

I could really use some advice and some help....

I was hammering up 101, North of Santa Barbara a few weeks ago when I hit a large truck tire. Now I got pretty lucky as the only thing that got whacked was the lower grill on the drivers side and a T connector on the washer fluid line. The washer fluid (for the headlight washers) now leaks.
1. Anyone know the part number for the little "T" that connects the headlight sprayer hose to the two headlight sprayers? I cant seem to locate it in my Bentley online guide. The car is a 99.5 A4QMS. I would like to order it as my Audi dealership is an hour away. ... just want to make sure I get the right part.

2. Now the real discussion
I completely trashed out my lower left grill on my Audi. As I see it, I have a few options. I could by the LLTek kit and install "extra" fog lights, I could contact Audi for the 99.5 left lower grill, I could contact Audi for the 00 lower grill (build in my own fogs, or I could get some meshing at the hardware store and make my own front fascia for both sides. I really am stuck. Anybody have any thoughts? I live in a rural area, so the extra lighting might be nice. However, I would want to tie it in directly to my existing fog lights adjacent to the headlights. I also don't need to impress anyone with my KC Highlites Baja Bug Light Bar, if you know what I mean. I have performed Christain Long's FAQ "Prevent Fog Lights from Cutting Out when Using Brights". I want to make sure that I don't overload the circuit or relay.

Thanks very much for your help.
Old 08-27-2002, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Two suggestions

1) Go to a Home Depot or Sears and buy a new T connector. If you still have your's, bring it in and someone should be able to find an equivalent one for you.

2) Post a message on one of the msg boards asking if anyone has a spare lower grill. This is what I did when I needed one and I got several responses (and a free lower grill).
Old 08-28-2002, 07:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Re: Two suggestions- Thank you- GREAT advise!