A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

UPDATE: AOA says that they wont honor my warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ouch - yeah maybe i should have read farther down in the thread. good luck.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Re: learn how to spell and compose in the english language....
Old 03-11-2003, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wow, that's not a good way to do business. No wonder the SMs feel the need to pick and chose what

falls under warranty and what does not. This explains why some SMs are a PITA to do with while others are the nicest people you've ever met.

One learns from one's teachers/supervisors, etc.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Re:shut the f**k up, if all you have too say is a critiscm of my spelling than stay off this thread
Old 03-11-2003, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Why bother to offer repairs for cars out of warranty if

all the customer is going to do, is badmouth you anyway - and maybe sell the car immediately ? They need to see evidence that that won't happen.

Contrary to our impressions, AoA doesn't have an infinite budget, so they must choose how to spend their goodwill dollars. When dealing with goodwill situations like this, AoA must pick and choose for maximum impact. Every car brand out there does this. If you had a limited advertising budget, wouldn't you choose the ad company that would get you the most positive PR ?

Yes, there are times when the budget is maxed out, and there isn't much left in the pot until the next quarter.

That is why you should be polite but firm. Try to be articulate and reasonable. Never go in looking like you just rolled out of bed. If things aren't going to your liking, nicely ask to get transfered higher up the ladder of command instead of blowing a gasket. Document everything from repairs to whom you spoke to at the dealer and when. At this point you are at the mercy of the manufacturer, and you need to compete with other people who want that goodwill money too. Think of it as a job interview;-)
Old 03-11-2003, 11:31 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default LOL! Is a tie required?

As if our lives weren't already filled with the expectation that we impress people...now we have to shine in front of AoA too! :-P
Old 03-11-2003, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default It sucks, but they have to use some kind of criteria;-)

Mostly it's attitude. I've seen some people get handed the golden platter even though they have asked for a lot. They did it by being professional and persistant.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:40 AM

Default I agree with you on the goodwill issue. My pooly stated point was...

that some Service Managers are learning a bad habit from the Regional Reps. I understand that the RRs need to do some research prior to confirming service on a car with an expired warranty or due to modifications while under warranty. But, a Service Manager should not question service when the car is still under warranty. I've dealt with SMs who cover the exact same service under warranty while the same issue with another guy's car and denied him the service under warranty. I think that's BS. I can't count the number of times that have I read on AW that someone was denied service under warranty while others here have gotten whatever the issue was covered.

Bottom line: It seems there's too much inconsistent discretion used among the SMs across the US.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:58 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I'll keep that in mind...thank you.

And I'll be digging through the closet tonight for that tie. I think I bought one back in the eighties! It's that thing with the stripes, right? :-P
Old 03-11-2003, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default You mean you don't have a black leather tie ?

You know Germans and leather....;-)

Quick Reply: UPDATE: AOA says that they wont honor my warrenty