A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

UTAH DRIVERS SUCK!! (long but a good tyraid)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-1999, 08:20 PM
Jeffery

Default UTAH DRIVERS SUCK!! (long but a good tyraid)

utah drivers are the worst things on the roads. If anyone is from utah tell me what the stick on the left side of your steeing wheels is that makes a repeditive clicking sound when you move it. WHAT COULD IT DO? I got hit in the side cause some 'tard cut me off with out a signal. I amit i am a new driver but STILL is it really that hard to use it? OHh and the freeway security groups.. what is with that??? oh no i can't be alone on the road gotta find 30 other people and race at 55 down the freeway and not let anyone through!! Ohh and the lane shifts. everyone Whines and crys because they are redoing the freeway here and you have to move a lane over...
I Was driving to SLC from Layton on Saturday and THE WHOLE 15 MILE THERE I was going 5mph why??? Not because of some 30 car pileup or a huge semi-truck rolled over WHY?!! BECAUSE YOU ALL ARE DOLTS!! you don't have to stop to move one lane over WHEN THE LINES ARE PAINTED SO. and when it takes a MILE to get over there GEEZZ
THEN YOU WHINE ABOUT the light rail system they are putting in because it might get some of the DOTLS off the freeway.

is it just me are are the masses A$$es? i have been to cali and it wasn't this bad is it this bad in other states??
Old 09-19-1999, 08:24 PM
Adam S

Because cars don't come with blinkers, they must be custom ordered!
Old 09-19-1999, 08:32 PM
Tom

North America drivers don't equal German drivers. Plese bring this topic to off-topic forum, Jeffery
Old 09-19-1999, 09:00 PM
Yes

Default Re: UTAH DRIVERS SUCK!! (long but a good tyraid)

In Arizona the drivers are a bunch of fuc*in* idiots. They tail gate all the time. They almost kill you every day.
Every day you get tailgated. Sometimes they come up fast, three inches from you, then drop back, then almost ram you. They pass all the time even against double yellow lines- so that any second there could be a car barreling headon straight for you at 70 mph. If it is raining, most of the cars do not turn on lights. Ah duh. Cops tail gate. It's a nightmare. You can add Arizona to Utah and I am so sorry if this is off topic. Get over it.
Old 09-19-1999, 09:13 PM
Owen

Default You are SO right!!! lol

Where are you in Layton? Your venting is SO true! LOL Do you have an A4? I'm waiting on mine...hopefully a couple more weeks is all. Drop me an email sometime.

Owen (NotetoOwen@aol.com)
'00 1.8TQM
xenons, sport seats, sport wheel
Old 09-19-1999, 09:14 PM
Owen

Oops...forgot to add...I'm in Layton too
Old 09-20-1999, 02:26 AM
ChuckH

Default Ah yes, the ending lane problem! This is a big problem...

...here in Seattle. If a lane is ending, and people have a mile to move over, the go racing as fast as they can to try and get in front of everyone else. Then, they cut off someone, and everybody slams on their brakes. Then, the next moron comes racing up and tries to get in front of everyone, but since the other lane just stopped because of the first moron cutting someone off, this second moron has to slam on his brakes to get into the main lane. The cycle repeats, and eventually, you have four lanes that are moving at 2 MPH, and a line of idiots trying to get in front of everyone from the ending lane!

Just about a week ago, a couple lanes were close on one of our freeways, and some idiot almost caused a 10 car or so pile up, because they waited and waited to move over, and kept sopeeding up to try and get in front, until the cones closed in on them. Then, they moved over almost into the side of this guy in a truck. he had to slam on his brakes, and swerve into the carpool lane to avoid hitting this loser. meanwhile, the car behind him had all four wheels locked up, I think, because there was smoke coming up in big clouds, and there was a chain reaction of people slamming on their brakes. I was about 6 cars back, and was on the brakes very hard, fearing that if I pushed them any harder, the minivan behind me wouldn't be able to stop fast enough. There were cars swerving all over the place in front and behind me. I really thought I was going to get hit from behind. All because someone had "me first" syndrome.

What about the people who are in the far right lane and suddenly decide to turn left, while you are in the left lane? Hello!
Old 09-20-1999, 06:03 AM
Matt Daniels

Default Hey watch it! This website is partially run by a Utah driver.

But pretty much all you said was true. I had to drive to Kaysville (from SLC) last week and people were morons when they came to those lane shifts. It's the first time I had been up there since they started that construction and I understood what was going on.

Matt
Old 09-20-1999, 07:03 AM
david

that should read VOLVO DRIVERS SUCK!!
Old 09-20-1999, 07:18 AM
Tom

Default Lane ending problem is especially horrible 5 km before downtown Seattle..

Maybe they don't see the sign "carpool lane ends in the next 4 miles", they are starting to panic when the sign says "carpool lane ends 1/4 mile"

Quick Reply: UTAH DRIVERS SUCK!! (long but a good tyraid)