A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Very happy with scottsdale audi service department, got a new clutch under warrenty.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very happy with scottsdale audi service department, got a new clutch under warrenty.

Gosh I got lucky.....My warrenty ends today April 30th. I took my car in yesterday for it final service and was having them replace a torn CV boot. I let them know about problems with the clutch I had been having lately, it will slip bad once and then work perfect the next 50 times.

My A4 is a 1999 and only has 31,000 miles. They said they cant really look at a clutch because they would have to take it apart but would drive it and see how it ran. So I got a call later that day, my clutch was just about fried. I got the whole "a clutch is a wear and tear item and may not be covered but they would check with some guy that does warrenty authorizing to see if they can cover this".

I called Scottsdale Audi today to find out the status and im getting a new clutch covered under warrenty. If I had waited one more week past my warrenty ending date the clutch bill would have sucked.

What scared me is I chipped my car just two weeks ago and thought I would have to argue to get the clutch replaced. But nope I just have to drive my great loaner of a car, a 2001 Ford Taurus for a few days. My roommate has his truck in the shop from an accident right now and got a 2001 grand am, I can see a race of the loaner cars comming up soon.

Ever since I bought my A4 used in January I have received great customer service from Scottsdale Audi, Thanks Guys!!!

Eric