A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

A very positive body shop experience (long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-1999, 10:01 AM
Chris B

Default A very positive body shop experience (long)

Lets face it, nobody likes being in an accident, but a positive body shop experience helps to take the sting out the situation.

I was involved in a very minor fender bender last Friday night. The damage was to the left front bumper, headlight, and turn signal, as well as a small crimp in the hood and left fender. Just looking at the damage, it did not look too bad, but I knew it would be expensive to repair.

My insurance company made me an appointment at Hilbert's Carstar Body Works in New Orleans for Monday morning. My dealer, Crecent City Motors, uses Hilbert's for thier own body work. When I dropped the car off, I was told that I would have an estimate by Tuesday afternoon. I did not hear from them on Tuesday, so I called on Wednesday morning. I was surprised to hear that the parts had already been ordered, and they would arrive on Thursday. It would maybe take until early next week to finish all of the work, depending on how many cars were ahead of mine in the paint bay. I was fully expecting the car to be finished next week.

When I got home yesterday afternoon, there was a message on my machine from Hilbert's. My car was ready, and I could pick it up on Friday morning. They did all of the work in one day?? I was a bit wary, but I showed up this morning to get the car.

It was flawless. The work was all done, it was done right, the car had been detailed and looked like it rolled off the showroom floor. The seams all lined up perfectly. I was impressed. I even got a bottle of touch up paint from the batch they used to paint my hood with for free.

Yeah, it cost me my collision deductible ($500.00), but the damage was over $1,100 to repair; the insurance picked up the rest. I was without the car for about a week, but it was fixed much faster than I had anticipated.

Hats off to the whole staff at Hilbert's Carstar Body Works. They are located on Tulane Ave. in New Orleans. Excellent work, prompt service, and all done in a professionl manner. I highly recommend them to you if you ever need any body work.

Happy motoring!!

Chris 98.5 1.8T (now fixed!!!)
Old 08-27-1999, 04:51 PM
Chris Cring

Default Crescent city motors (off the subject)

Chris this is off the subject, but do you take your car to Crescent City motors for service? What do you think about their service?
Old 08-30-1999, 10:26 AM
Chris B

Chris.. Check your email for my response