A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Volcano Black Mica

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-1999, 05:13 PM
Rick B.

Default Volcano Black Mica

I just came from my local dealer, He did not have any Volcano Black A4's. He told me the Volcano Black looks like primer and you would have to be an idiot to want one. I must be a idiot because I ordered one.Does any one out there have one .or seen one. How About some opinions.<br>Thanks Rick
Old 02-22-1999, 05:29 PM
al

Default Re: Volcano Black Mica

rick, i'm an idiot also, when i order mine, it will be volcano black/grey opal. that make two of us.
Old 02-22-1999, 05:45 PM
Ruben

Make that three. I chose volcano black (charcoal grey) because I've owned an audi 4000s in this color and I liked it very much. It's much more forgiving with scratches or dirt than brilliant black.
Old 02-22-1999, 06:12 PM
Roger B

Volcano Black looks like a metallic dark gray. I saw one with the Ecru/Onyx interior and it looked very nice when clean and in bright sunlight. Definitely looks easier to take care of than Brilliant Black. Some people have complained that it just looks like a dirty black car though. I liked it personally.<p>- Rog<p>'99 Silver 2.8QMS
Old 02-22-1999, 06:14 PM
Stephe G

I must be a real idiot because I have a metallic black Porsche Boxster, which I'm told is essentially the same as the Audi volcano black, the main difference is that you get to pay an extra 805.00 for the color in a Porsche. BTW I love the color, even when compared to my wife's "regular black" S6 wagon.
Old 02-22-1999, 06:22 PM
EP

I got it with black (onyx) leather, and personally I love it. Look like primer? The guy's talking out of his ***. primer is usually dove grey or red. Anyway, it gets dirty quickly, but has a color depth not seen in solid color choices. You'll enjoy your selection.
Old 02-22-1999, 07:55 PM
Graham

Default See discussion and photo under Volcano Balck discsuion on next page

The car in the photo further down the thread is mine and if that looks like primer there would be no need for topcoat!!<p>Graham<ul><li><a href="http://www.a4.org/bbs/a4/9909/messages/31.shtml">link to prior volcano discussion</a></li></ul>
Old 02-22-1999, 08:22 PM
Steve S.

Default Another Pic of Graham's Volcano Eruption

This one is stylized with a cokin filter.....<p>Steve S.<br>97 2.8QM
Old 02-22-1999, 08:24 PM
Steve S.

Default Don't open the other one...here is the pic

Graham's aussie sunset (aka bronze cokin filter)....<p>Steve S.<br>97 2.8QM
Old 02-23-1999, 05:25 AM
a johnson

Default I like it. (Registry link enclosed w/ pic)

I love it, but of course I'm biased because I bought it.<p>I wouldn't call it primer. It's definately got a deep shine, but on the other hand, it's almost as difficult to keep clean as black.<p>Aaron<br>1.8T QMS (Volcano and lovin' it!)<br><ul><li><a href="http://131.107.68.50/a4.org/registry/details.asp?car=1258">AJ's registry page</a></li></ul>

Quick Reply: Volcano Black Mica