A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Warning: AUTOBAHN INTERNATIONAL - HORRIBLE CUSTOMER TREATMENT AND VERBAL ABUSE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2000, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Mission Statement" ... lol

Go to their website (via links) and click on 'about us' to read their 'mission statement'...
after reading all the posts here i cracked up when i read it!
Old 11-06-2000, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Looks like I'll be taking them off my browser bookmarks. I can't believe they are still in business.
Old 11-06-2000, 11:39 AM

took them 5 months to get my order!!
Old 11-06-2000, 11:45 AM
ajp
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Search for my rant about their ridiculous customer service awhile back...

I had a similarly crappy experience, but it was with an entire body kit...
I know audiworld dosen't seem to be in the habit of regulating it's advertisers, but come on! A lot of people come to this board for information and advice and the fact that this has occurred over and over and over again should be enough to boot these guys. I posted my rant probably a year ago...since then I have observed at least 3 other instances of the same misinformation and mistreatment. I strongy encourage anyone considering using them as a supplier search their name in the archives...you will likely find more of the same.
Alex
99.51.8tqm
Old 11-06-2000, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So bad you had to say it 4 times, huh? That's bad! ;-)
Old 11-06-2000, 12:55 PM

Default Re: "Mission Statement" ... lol

Some, if not most states have a website which allows consumers to file complaints such as these online. Then, either that state's Better Business Bureau, or the Attorney General's Department of Consumer Affairs will follow up on the complaint and require that the business file a written response in its defense. If the business is found to have violated the law or fair business practices, the state can pressure the business to provide a refund, or if found to be in the public's interest, the state may file a lawsuit on the behalf of consumers. At the very least, the incident will be on record, so consumers can check these guys out before dealing with them.
Old 11-06-2000, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

took them off too
Old 11-06-2000, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Warning: AUTOBAHN INTERNATIONAL - HORRIBLE CUSTOMER TREATMENT AND VERBAL ABUSE!

We at Autobahn International Motorsports are in discuss that something like this has been said. What was posted on AUDIWORLD was not the whole story. We take full responsibility for the error in shipping of the bulbs, but do not take responsibility in the events that happened that morning. What was posted was not the whole story. Autobahn International had an employee that lost and messed up some of our orders. Mr. Rich Weinstock was one of those unfortunate orders. The same employee that messed up our orders was the same employee that was supposed to contact Mr. Weinstock. She failed to do so. That employee is no longer with Autobahn International Motorsports. Rich Weinstock ordered a set of PIAA bulbs for his Audi A4, The problem with that was PIAA does not make a bulb for that car.
Jahn Superwhite bulbs were recommended.
(OEM brand in Europe) We quoted him $29.95 for one bulb, $59.90 for the pair. Also $10.50 for shipping of bulbs. Which makes the total $70.40.
Which is the standard price for these bulbs with shipping. We had no record that showed Mr. Weinstock had purchased anything form us, we asked Mr. Weinstock to fax us a copy of his AMEX bill, but he never did. Up until that morning we had not found Mr. Weinstocks file. That file was somehow placed with another file. When Rich called that morning our intentions were to apologize and credit his card back immediatly. But what happened when he called goes as follows.
I talked to Rich about his order and tried to help him, but he insisted on talking to Owner Pete Priebe, he said "I will not hang up until I takl to Pete." Once on the phone with Pete
Mr. Weinstock became inraged with our service, Mr. Priebe attempted to provide quality customer service but was given no opportunities to resolve this situation. Autobahn International wishes to improve the quality of their customer service and askes that any and all previous customers reply to us with suggestions. Thank You.
Old 11-06-2000, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, but he wasn't the only one screwed over by your company. Admit it...you just plain suck.
Old 11-06-2000, 05:18 PM

Did you even bother to proofread your apology???

Quick Reply: Warning: AUTOBAHN INTERNATIONAL - HORRIBLE CUSTOMER TREATMENT AND VERBAL ABUSE!