A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Warranty and Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-1999, 12:31 PM
Randy Helgath

Default Warranty and Repairs

If I choose to purchase my my A4 out of the area I live, what is Audi's warranty and service policy if my local Audi/VW dealer refuses to provide service or service in a timely manner? I've heard horror stories from various customers that purchased from other dealerships in the attempt of saving the difference between MSRP and Invoice plus 4%!
Old 02-09-1999, 12:38 PM
John Costin

Default Warranty and Repairs ... why would they refuse ... ??

Either way they are still getting reimbursed by Audi on the service that they perform and parts that they utilize. The only thing is that dealers usually give preferential treatment to the people that have their cars serviced at the same place they buy, at least this is true of my dealer. other dealers on the other hand take care of customers regardless of whether they buy the car there or not, although such dealers are hard to find.
Old 02-09-1999, 01:35 PM
DH

Default Re: Warranty and Repairs

Should not effect warranty. Might affect programs such as loaner vehicles and etc.<p>My experience has been as follows:<p>BMW dealers are notoriously bad about not providing loaner cars if you did not purchase the car from them.<p>Infinity and Acura dealers generally treat you the same regardless of where you purchased your vehicle. I once took a M30 convertible in for work outside the warranty. Infinity was out of loaner cars so they pulled a demoed Q45 with about 200 miles on it. I had the Q45 for about 4 weeks while a transmission was being sent from Japan.<p>No warranty work on the 11,000+ miles Audi yet.
Old 02-09-1999, 06:14 PM
the house managers

Default Re: Warranty and Repairs-Ford lost court test years ago

You can not be denied service for warranty work at any dealership. Mr Ford tried this years ago and lost in court. Seems like the government said that it would be unfair to car owners who have to 1) move 2) be stuck with a lousy service 3) and restrict rights of free trade...blah, blah, blah..<br>Of course the selling dealer may perhaps give you a loaner and free coffee, but, the choice is yours.<br>Skimants, 2.8Qspt-tip<br>