A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Washington State Audi Dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-1999, 11:00 AM
Dan

Default Washington State Audi Dealers?

I wanted to know what people thought about the dealers here in the greater Puget Sound area. Buying experience? Service department experience... are they anti-chipping? I'm only 22, and I can't stand people who treat me like I'm a little kid even though I'll be paying for the car (my last two purchases really annoyed me). Any experience with Barrier in Bellevue, University Audi, or the one in Tacoma would be greatly appreciated.

thanks much,
Dan

p.s. I'm new to this forum. Is this where this type of question is supposed to go? Feedback Forum maybe? Well anyways, thanks again.
Old 11-03-1999, 11:24 AM
woobin

Default Re: Washington State Audi Dealers?

Dan,

I've had an excellence experience at Robert Larson Audi in Tacoma on my recent purchase of A6. They weren't my first choice due to the distance from where I live (Lynnwood), but the sales staff was very pleasant to work with. I ordered thru CarOrder.com so I didn't go though the negotiation (CarOrder.com did it for me and also paid $1,500), but Keith Fryer is an excellent person and very professional, no BS, just straight talk. Tell him that Woobin sent you. 800-926-5995. If Keith is not in, Paul Kaperick will cover for him.

Barrier is the dealer I went to test drive (and to buy, but it didn't work out). Nice showroom, flashy sales staff, but very crowded on weekend (now I know where all the Eastsiders go on weekends). Joe Rubino (425-637-6704) was a nice sales person, but his manager wasn't willing to negotiate, and gave BS on pricing, so I walked away and went to Tacoma.

I didn't visit University Audi in person, but had a lengthy and pleasant phone conversation with a salesperson Will Creane (634-8235). Also very nice person to talk to, although I didn't discuss prices.

Email me if you want more info.
Old 11-03-1999, 11:42 AM
Dan F.

I bought my A4 at Barrier, which seems to be the A4.org consensus for the best dealer in the area. However, my experience was that the whole Puget Sound region has an abnormally high demand for luxury cars, leading to higher prices and less personal service.

For example, Barrier was always packed with people and it took them almost two weeks to prep my car for delivery. Tacoma would not budge from MSRP. I didn't care for the salesman at University (don't remember his name), and their service department has a very bad reputation on A4.org.

The dealer up in Bellingham is worth checking out; they didn't have a car I wanted but seemed more willing to deal than the other three.

Dan
Old 11-03-1999, 11:49 AM
gadgetboy

I haven't bought yet, but I've been looking at the A4 too. I've talked to University Audi and the best deal I was able to get is about $1600 over invoice. The sales guy was pretty nice and treated me with respect, I'm 23 so I worried about the that. Really wish carorder was still doing there invoice pricing promotion though...it'd make this a lot easier.
Old 11-03-1999, 11:51 AM
rr

Before I bought my A4(7/99)in NY, I twice spent time working in the University section of Seattle. Because I was still considering where I was going to purchase, both times I walked over to the University Audi dealership to look over their cars. Both times the sales personnel completely ignored me. Due to work I wasn't dressed to well but I was still amazed at the lack of attention I received(twice.) Certainly not what I was used to in my other new vehicle purchases. Not much to go on but that was my lasting impression of University Audi.
Old 11-03-1999, 11:55 AM
Dan

Default CarOrder.com is not doing invoice... but they are doing $1000 over now... :) (more)

but if you do get the car from CarOrder.com, where do you go for servicing? Apparently, their affiliation is with Robert Larson Audi in Tacoma... but I wonder if you can go there for the Audi Advantage *free* servicing. Anyways, thanks for the info... and check out CarOrder's Beta site...

http://xcarorder.com

Dan
Old 11-03-1999, 12:01 PM
Jason F

Robert Larsons in Tacoma -- Salesmen are decent, but service is *excellent* -- Paul is the man!
Old 11-03-1999, 12:09 PM
gadgetboy

Default Re: CarOrder.com is not doing invoice... but they are doing $1000 over now... :) (more)

the beta site doesn't work...is that the right address or is it the firewall at work?
Old 11-03-1999, 12:16 PM
david in Seattle (w/ 99.5 2.8QSTip, etc)

Default Barrier is great if you have a Porsche, University is decent to all for service- ask for John Savos.

Service on car=University.
Price/selection in buying=Roger Jobs in Bellingham.
Top end cars=Barrier.
Old 11-03-1999, 12:17 PM
Dan

sorry, wrong URL... http://www.xcarorder.com oh, and it's $700 over invoice!

Quick Reply: Washington State Audi Dealers?