A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Well another B5 might have bitten the dust tonight.... Rain/bald tires/tree = Bad

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think it would be too much work to take out... so I doubt thats gonna happen.

but the h-sports if i can grab em, 18" wheels and ice link
Old 10-19-2006, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default true... I JUST did auto cross event too.. should help with car control right?? knowing how to cont..

control when have no control.. right?? guess not
Old 10-19-2006, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yes and no. It is wired into the back of the headunit. So have to remove head unit. undo..

plug, and then snag wire from under pass knee bolster. and unscrew docking thing from car. So still takes a few minutes and tool to remove head unit...
Old 10-19-2006, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default So is it another A4??? I will have no more money than what I get from insurance (college kid)..

so new S4 isnt an option.. another 2000 or maybe 01 A4?? What do you think I'll be able to get for mine? And would buy back be worth while you think?? or look way to messed up?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry to hear about your loss. Glad you're okay. But I have to ask...

Why were you driving with bald tires?!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah, it was weird senario. Outside/mid of right side tires had worn really fast for some reason..

left side was not nearly as bad. I did autocross event last week and that made them a little worse. They were to be replaced in the next few weeks.. So while they were extremely worn (they still had a tiny bit of tread on baldest parts) And coincidencly it was this area of tire (right mid/outside) where all the weight was (turning left while accel). So just bad coincidence. At least it was something slow like this as opposed to blowing out while driving...
Old 10-19-2006, 07:52 PM

Default fvcked dude !...

hate to be the hawk... but i could really badly use those wheels. Hope everything works out
Old 10-19-2006, 07:57 PM

Default skip buyback. meh.. i'd buy another a4... but i'm really not a person to talk too

about wise decisions with money.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

sell me your trunk lid!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:07 PM

Default Hey bud... if i could offer you some advice...

Leave the modfications on. As long as you have receipts for them the insurance company will pay you out for them. Most times you can get close to 100% if they were fairly recent additions.

Say you want to take something, go for it. Just replace it. I took my SS shifter out and put back in the stock shifter. I took my tail lights and put altezza's in. I took my cd changer and... okay i just took my cd changer. I grabbed a bunch of other misc parts. Say you want to grab the rims, grab a local who wants them. Take his rims off, go to the car, take those rims, put those other rims on, and take your rims <--- wow if you read it over and over it makes sense.

The car is yours tell you sign off on the payment. If you aren't happy with the amount, don't sign off on the car. Find similar audi's in the area with similar mileage and see what they are selling for. If you present these to your insurance company they will sometimes take that into consideration. Don't let yourself get fvcked basically. Try and get as much as you can, and take your time. I dealt with my insurance for over a month until my settlement was something i was content with.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Well another B5 might have bitten the dust tonight.... Rain/bald tires/tree = Bad