A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

what kind of mods allowed for lease car??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2000, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what kind of mods allowed for lease car??

I was thinking of tinting my a4. it's a lease though and i was wondering if any type of mods (not major) are allowed. Do i have to ask my dealer? I heard from a friend that his dealer let him tint his car. Anybody have any experience. Thanks.
Old 06-19-2000, 11:33 AM

Default My .02

Yes I would tint. The leasing company will not care. Only when you turn the car in. If the tint is in good shape, free from bubbles and scratches, they will not charge you. If it is bad shape and they would have to strip or replace it then they would care. I have turned in two cars on leases w/ tints...no problems.

I would recommend "legal" tint, though. In Florida that is 82% on the back sides and rear and 72% on the front sides. I don't like the idea of two different tints so I did 72% all the way around.

Also, get a titanium or alloy tint. You DO get what you pay for. Llumar makes a high quality tint. Tints with metal reflect back much more heat, and is scratch "resistant". You can get tint like mine and it will reflect more sun/heat than cheap "limo" tinting.
Old 06-19-2000, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: what kind of mods allowed for lease car??

anything you want as long as it doesn't damage anything. for example if you do an engine mod, and you engine blows, and the dealer finds out that the engine blew because of the aftermarket stuff you did then you have to pay for it. so far my dealer said exhaust, filter, bodykits, etc are ok. also if you don't want to keep the car after with all the mods, you have to return everything back to stock.
Old 06-19-2000, 11:38 AM

How much $$ for tinting like yours??
Old 06-19-2000, 11:50 AM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I have found out that leasing can be the cheap way to buy.

I used to never lease, but when my wife and I got our first family car, we found out that most lease companies no not want the cars. We ended up negotiating the final cost of the car at the end of the lease down to auction cost. We then turned right around and sold it for 2500 profit. SO, this time instead of buying the car, I plan on leasing, then doing the same for the A4. I got a 1100 above invoice on the initial deal, and I expect to shave another 1500 off of the cost at the back end of the deal, minus lease setup charges. If the car turns out to be a lemon, you can get it off of your hands, guaranteed.
Old 06-19-2000, 11:57 AM

Default how do you negotiate final cost at end of lease...

when it specifically states on lease agreement the purchase price at end of lease?? oh btw, did you get your midnight blue interior switched to onyx yet? how long will it take?
Old 06-19-2000, 12:50 PM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default That number is to set the residual. They always will

negotiate the price of the car at at the end. They will either do it with you, or at auction when they (leasing company) get rid of the car.

Interior panels should come in at the end of the week. I'm worried that the install wont be up to snuff, and might want to leave it in. Car is completely rattle free right now.
Old 06-19-2000, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You need to deal with the leasing company (which owns the car), not your dealer.

<p>Rick
99.5 A4 1.8TQMS silver/onyx
97 A6Q Wagon black/taupe
Old 06-19-2000, 02:17 PM

Default Re: I have found out that leasing can be the cheap way to buy.

If you plan to buy out the car at the end of the lease, do you have to pay for any excess milege on the car? Thanks.
Old 06-19-2000, 02:25 PM
Elder Member

NO, because you're becoming the owner of the car....

Quick Reply: what kind of mods allowed for lease car??