A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

What would you have done?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 09:07 AM
Rest In Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you have done?

This happened about a month ago, but I was reminded of it recently and just thought I'd share and ask you guys what you would have done in my situation.

Headed home from work one day, I was cruising down a four lane road (2 in each direction) just less than a car length from a Volvo in the right lane (I was in the center, left lane). As we were driving, the light turned red ahead of us (about 1/4 mile up). My lane was clear ahead, and his had a few cars in it. He just cruised into my lane and kind of cut me off. No biggie - I wasn't pissed - I just downshifted, dropped the hammer, scooted around him and pulled in in front of him.

Well apparently he likes to be in front, cause he put his high beams on behind me. It was dark, and that was irritating, so I calmly put my window down and saluted him appropriately.

I stop at the light, and I'm just sitting there, listening to tunes waiting, when I feel, THUMP.

Yeah, I'm not kidding - I look in the rearview and see this Volvo right on my *** - all I can see is a large ****-eating grin on the driver, a 40 something year old man. And that's when I lost it.......

I've never felt such a rush of adrenaline in my life - I got out ad walked back to the front of his car and booted his front bumper with the heel of my foot as hard as I could, trying to push him off my bumper (thought it might be a manual). It didn't move, so I went to his door. I yelled at him to get his car off my car immediately. He just loked at me with this ****-eating grin and I got even more angry. Now, if I were him, I would have locked my door real fast, but he didn't. And I had fully intended to smash right through it and gouge his eyes out, but I figured I'd try his door first.

I tore open his door. My original thought was to grab his seat belt and use it like a crosscheck across his neck until he moved his car back off my bumper. Either that or just start giving him one headshot at a time until he moved. BUT.........

Instead the whole "You don't want to go to jail" thing kicked in. (moment of extreme weakness, or intelligence?) Instead I did nothing but put my finger about a 1/4" from his eye and say "GET YOUR PHUCKING CAR OFF MY CAR NOW!!!!!"

He smirked again, and moved his car back. I felt like spitting in his face, but if I spat in his face, then I may as well hit him in the face, and if I hit him in the face, then I'd prolly go to jail. (Yes, all this went through my mind in about one second). Anyway, I slammed his door as hard as I could (i'm surprised the outer doorskin didn't invert when I did), walked back to my car and drove away (light was green by now obviously). Once back in the car, I realized that my heart was pumping about 3000 BPM. I'd never had adrenaline like this before.

My first REAL road rage incident.

So the question is.....What would you have done?
Old 11-28-2001, 09:13 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think you handled it well. Anyone would have been really pissed off......

but you stopped yourself before you went too far. A dented bumper ain't worth jail time.

The scary thing is that the sh*t-eating grin could've been confidence inspired by a hand gun. You never know.
Old 11-28-2001, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default PROBABLY something close to that....

we'd all love to do what you were thinking, I guess if you had time to think about it, you could've done something that would've looked like it was related to bumping your car. headlight damage, broken grille, etc...of course, he might have hit his head on the steering wheel when he hit your car....
Old 11-28-2001, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default WTF?????

wow! my heart's pounding. i would probably be doing the same except i'd pull out my 5$ disposable camera and snap as many pictures of his ugly face. if he tried to hit me i'd take pictures of that and then pound this **** out of him. then continue taking pics of his license plates, what was in his car, the marks on my car.... and finally my foot print on his face for my own photo album, the rest goes to my attorney and law officials. =)

he surely would have been enraged by me taking pictures of everything.
Old 11-28-2001, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Knealt down by his front tire, unscrew the valve cap, and let the air out.

The proceed to his rear tire, repeat. Then call the cops on him for road rage, failure to stop, wreckless driving, and personal injuries - whiplash, right?
Old 11-28-2001, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I would...

...pull out my 9mm and put a cap in his *** yo!!

West Siiiiiyyyyyyde!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2001, 09:19 AM
Rest In Peace

Ooooh - I like that one! Good idea!
Old 11-28-2001, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

LOL!!!!! hahahaha ouch my stomach. funny boy.
Elder Member

Default Put his car in park, turned off his car, grabbed the keys, and tossed them into the bushes

No crime there.

Any damage to your car?

And kudos for keeping a cooler head. Usually, instead of flipping them off I just turn on the headlight washers and spray them
AudiWorld Super User

Default Tough call...

I'm much calmer in my early 30s than I was in my early 20s. Then again, the cars I had then had big hard rubber bumpers with HD shocks behind them. He could have hit me hard with no visible damage. I would have retaliated in reverse and ****ed up the front end of his car without leaving a scratch on mine. These Audis aren't as scratch resistant, so I would have to react differently. And it's not like it was an accident in your case. But never compromise your freedom.

Quick Reply: What would you have done?