A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

wheel and tire woahs (more).....

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel and tire woahs (more).....

so i go to pick up my unrepairable wheel and tire from american wheel (which was recomended by some fellow TX AWers), no problem. they give me the bent wheel and my tire, and direct me to a discount tire to have my tires swapped (spare has 225-45-17, good tire is 235-40-17). ask the guy at DT if they could hurry, he was super nice, and said he'd have it done in about an hour. so i wait around for a bit and one of the service techs comes out and tells me they cant put on my tire. he brings me back into the work area and points out that the inside of the tire is torn (about a foot and a half's length on the inside edge). i asked if this could have happened when i bent my rim. he said absolutly not, it was from having it taken off. so i get my money refunded and head back over to american wheel to point out their mistake.the guy there assured me that it could not have been their fault, but i told him that the tires were fine before, and the place that you told me to go to told me who's fault it was. he asked how long i was in town for, i said i'm leaving tomorrow afternoon. he said he'd talk to the tech today and for me to call him first thing tomorrow morning so everything can get straightened out. the other problem i see is that no discount tires have any avs sports (other than one in houston), so unless this guy at AW can find me one, i might be stuck driving on different wheels until i get home. that would be a total of about 1700 miles on different size tires. how bad is that?

now just to make sure, American Wheel is really responsible for my tire, correct? Its their fault that it is now ruined. am i right in assuming this and asking them for a new tire? god, it seems like whenever we're not out partying on this trip nothing but BS happens! so driving all over 2 cities today pretty much ruined my entire afternoon, and i know tomorrow morning is going to be wasted as well. looks like my last two days here are just f**ked up. heading out to houston to go clubbin tonight, hopefully i can make up for some of it.
man, part of me cannot wait to get back to the 'smooth' roads of chicago.