A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Who OwnZ the Road...??? (long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2001, 05:59 AM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who OwnZ the Road...??? (long)

This is my question of the day. I have asked it three times today and gotten three different answers... Now hear my story...

Ok up untill today I thought I owned the road. Im young and dumb so accordingly I thought the road belong to me. I owned an SUV so of course I owned the road. But now that I have a nice hanlding car with some power the road is still mine.. But no longer..

I was driving to work this morning with out a care in the world. I just left my gf on my way to work, smiled as she drove away. So good to see her everymorning. And I began my trek to work. Reaching the higher traffic areas an SUV approached me from behind, riding close but nothing unusual in dense traffic areas. Starting to get into more open road the SUV stays on my rear. Acclerate and still on my a$$. Comming to a stop I hear brakes squeal behind me. Expecting the worst I grip the wheel tightly.

Nothing... Looking in my rear view I see the crome of a Jeep Cheoroke.. Pull forward, I see a woman as happy as can be chatting away on her cell phone with no care in the world. I realize at this point I alomst got hit and she did not even have a second thought about it.. So I ask her who ownZ the road... "I do" she replied, "I drive an SUV" Ohhhh my mistake... So now I know..

Second part of my story. Another SUV.. This one driving erraticaly next to me. Occasionaly swerving into my lane.. Nothing to out of the ordinary, I drive close to Boston so everyone has an insteresting driving style.. Now... DAMN.!!!! I see the bumper of a Ford Explorer cut right in front of me, 2 inches from my bumper and procede to cut across two lanes to me a left hand turn.... Red light... I look over again, wondering if its SUV driver training day. This time the woman is adjusting her face... Moving lips around, applying various types of paste and paint.. No care in the world. Did not even notice me honking my horn, slamming on my brakes.. Again I ask the question. "Excuse me, do you know who ownZ the road..??" "Uhhh, oohh, yeah, I do.."

Damn, now I am even more confused.. Ownership of the road had now been transfered three times. I don't know who really ownz the road, but I know I don't... Well so much for that. I don't have a problem with woman drivers, I do though with anyone who can't pay attention during rush hour. Listen to the radio in the morning, there are at least 4-5 accidents everyday...

end of rant... Sorry needed to let off some steam.
Old 05-17-2001, 06:00 AM
Rest In Peace

Why the IctHotStuntaZ of course!!!!
Old 05-17-2001, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I own it, but I occasionally lend it out to others
Old 05-17-2001, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haven't you gotten used to Boston drivers yet
Old 05-17-2001, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What I've seen driving to work...

Twice the is month I've seen people reading newspapers while driving... talk about dumb! I usually mind my own business when driving, but I occasionally look at the person next to me as I pass them, and just watch as their eyes occasionally look up at the road, mostly glued to their paper. I just want to pull these folks over and give em a backhand then proceed to slash their tires PEOPLE CAN BE SO STUPID AND CARELESS!
Old 05-17-2001, 06:14 AM
Elder Member

I am a boston driver don't mess wit me... = )
Old 05-17-2001, 06:35 AM

Default No way, it's the Juvenile Millionaires

<ul><li><a href="http://www.illnon.com/whiteboygangstaz">http://www.illnon.com/whiteboygangstaz</a</li></ul>
Old 05-17-2001, 06:50 AM

LOL!
Old 05-17-2001, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SUV drivers aren't the only ones.....

I recently took my family on vacation, and since parking at the airport (Laguardia, NYC) is prohibitively expensive when you're looking at a week or more, we had a car (Lincoln Town Car) take us to and from the airport. Different drivers on the two trips, but it was hard to tell which one was worse. Repeated lane changing without signalling. Constant drifting out of the lane. And basically a complete disregard for anyone else on the road, from both drivers. It was a ridiculous display of bad driving habits. I dunno, maybe large vehicles just encourage this kinda stuff with their oversized bulk and vague handling characteristics. But I think a big part of it is also the "invincibility" factor that comes with driving a boat on wheels, be it SUV or large sedan. This'll sound perverse, but I almost welcome $3/gallon gas if it'll convince large numbers of Americans to get rid of their SUVs. But then I mostly commute by train.
Old 05-17-2001, 06:57 AM

Default Guess what.... an A4 Can run an suv off the road. (they tip easy) It's even more fun

to run them off the road when they are talking on the phone AND drinking a hot cup of coffee!!

Quick Reply: Who OwnZ the Road...??? (long)