A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Who's still waiting for an Avant?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-1999, 09:58 AM
marmer

Default Who's still waiting for an Avant?

Well, now I'm seeing posts from guys whose Y2K S4's are COMPLETE and awaiting shipment. And my dealer says my 99.5 Avant has been in D status for four weeks now. What's going on here? Has my Avant turned into a Y2K when I wasn't looking? Are they building Avants and S4's simultaneously? Is my dealer getting out-of-date info from Audi and my car is on it's way? (I know, dream on!) Has everyone with the Dec/Jan Avant orders gotten their cars? I ordered mine 2/15.
Old 07-15-1999, 10:37 AM
Rusty

Default Re: Who's still waiting for an Avant?

Still waiting for mine, but dealer said 2 weeks ago it was on the boat on the way over, not sure if I belive him though, not holding my breath at least. Ordered mine mid November, but was delayed into the system to make sure it was a 99.5.<p>Rusty<br>Yellow A4 1.8T Avant Sport<br>Still Waiting
Old 07-15-1999, 10:54 AM
tom s

Ordered my y2k on June 6. Dealer still has not gotten any allocation for wagons yet but AoA wanted my order faxed to them 2 weeks ago. He also says the in-dash cd is standard on the A6 but option on A4 contrary to what I have read on this forum.
Old 07-15-1999, 11:17 AM
James J Dempsey

Default I've been waiting since November...

Well, I'm still waiting for my Pelican Blue '99.5 A4 2.8QMS Avant. I faxed the order on 9 November 1998 and got a signed purchase and sale on 4 December.<p>I haven't been able to hook up with the sales person in a couple weeks, but before that they said it was "in production" for the three weeks prior.<p>Anyone have any information on what is happening?<p>--Jim--<br>jjd@jjd.com
Old 07-15-1999, 11:18 AM
LlynA

Just picked up my 99.5 Avant 2 wweks ago. I ordered it Dec. 30. It was supposedly built <br>in week 20.<p>Llyn Allen<p>99.5 Avant 1.8TQMS<br>Jaspis Green/Opal<p>98 1.8TQMS<br>Casablanca White/Opal
Old 07-15-1999, 11:18 AM
same boat (one of the next ones, I hope)

I know how you feel.<p>Ordered my 99.5 A4 2.8 avant on April 16. Last week my dealer said it was still in C status. Today, he says his computer shows it was released for production last Thursday, and is finally being made.<p>I *think* it's still a 99.5. But given the recent posts about Y2K cars in production, am no longer sure. I guess we'll know when the wagons arrive. Hope it's soon! I'd love to hear mine is on the late July boat, but early Aug boat may be closer to reality.<p>Waiting is hard...
Old 07-15-1999, 11:58 AM
Hugh

I purchased mine 3 1/2 weeks ago. It is in Houston and should be here in less than 1 week. CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old 07-15-1999, 12:48 PM
DW

Default mines in!

I'm picking it up Saturday. Originally ordered Feb 6th<br>It's hard to believe its here<p>99.5 Pelican Blue QMS
Old 07-15-1999, 12:56 PM
J.Russ

Default No status code?

Man, you HAVE waited a long time. I applaud your patience. I waited 4.5 months for my 2.8 and was ready to go utterly ballistic.<p>There are indeed a few helpful salespeople out there who will regularly update you on your car without you asking. The majority, though, won't call you until the car's being taken off the truck at their lot. Call your salesperson's boss and get demand a status code and firm build date. Otherwise, tell them you'll cancel the order. After going 'round and 'round with my dealership, this ploy worked for me. <p><br>J.Russ<br>98.5 pelican blue Avant qMS
Old 07-15-1999, 01:02 PM
You're going to love it!

Default EX-cellent choice!

Did you see a p. blue avant before ordering? I ordered mine based solely on the paint chip and car mag photos. I was shocked by the brightness of the blue paint when I first saw it come off the truck. I get MANY compliments on the color, now. It works particuarly well on the avant config.<p>J.Russ<br>98.5 p. blue avant qMS/opal leather/conv./Bose

Quick Reply: Who's still waiting for an Avant?